By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 3 Games that can show what the PS3 can do

The Xbox 360 can do all those games perhaps with lower visual effects due to how they are optimised for the PS3. If you say that lower visual effects would take away significantly from the game then either they would be by far better released on PC or they are terrible games to play, take your pick.

Tease.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Nizut76 said:
I like MAG . God of War 3 and and the 3rd game is tied between uncharted heavenly sword and Lair.

Forgot about that one. Although it's no visual benchmark, it's a technical breakthrough for a console of mega proportions, and seeing as it's only been done on PS3, it DOES deserve recognition.

Yes it deserves recognition, however its only tried to be done once and on a single console. That more shows off Sony's ambition than the capabilities of the console.

Tease.

PS3 exclusives are made specifically for PS3 hardware so essentially all PS3 exclusives made by first party fit this image which you're painting.

Dgc1808 said:
MAG - GoW3 - Killzone 2

I'll go with these

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

CGI-Quality said:
Squilliam said:
The Xbox 360 can do all those games perhaps with lower visual effects due to how they are optimised for the PS3. If you say that lower visual effects would take away significantly from the game then either they would be by far better released on PC or they are terrible games to play, take your pick.

Can you prove your theory?

Easy:

1. Every program that the PS3 can run the Xbox 360 can run, the only question is how fast. They are both sharing similar instruction sets and they are both Turing complete.

2. The relative performance between the Xbox 360 and PS3 is similar.

3. A lower resolution proportionately lowers pixel shader load as well as enables the Xbox 360s GPU to operate more efficiently by avoiding the use of tiling. This frees up any inherrant or imagined performance differences from becoming a factor.

4. All the games stated, Killzone 2, MGS4, Uncharted 2 are linear and both consoles have 512MB of ram so the effective maximum number of assets seen at the same time are identical and the use of multiple DVDs is practical. They also use lossless compression of audio which is indistinguishable for most people compared to more lossy compression and this is a large space saving.

5. When considering online much of the load is infact taken up by the servers. Live has a lot of very big servers so this isn't a problem.

6. Final Fantasy XIII + other multiplatform games perform well on the Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively.

Tease.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Squilliam said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nizut76 said:
I like MAG . God of War 3 and and the 3rd game is tied between uncharted heavenly sword and Lair.

Forgot about that one. Although it's no visual benchmark, it's a technical breakthrough for a console of mega proportions, and seeing as it's only been done on PS3, it DOES deserve recognition.

Yes it deserves recognition, however its only tried to be done once and on a single console. That more shows off Sony's ambition than the capabilities of the console.

Doesn't refute what I'm saying though.

Why do you imagine I was trying to refute you? I was merely talking in the context of this thread.

Tease.

@squill

aren't you tired of preemptive damage control when it comes to PS3 games and graphics?i m surprised u still haven't mentioned PC yet.it's like it's ur job to derail any PS3 thread regarding graphics.I don't understand how hard is it to accept that PS3 has more better lookin/more impressive (technical-wise)games than X360?

OT:

Uncharted 2
GOWIII
Killzone2
Heavy rain

CGI-Quality said:
Squilliam said:

Easy:

1. Every program that the PS3 can run the Xbox 360 can run, the only question is how fast. They are both sharing similar instruction sets and they are both Turing complete.

2. The relative performance between the Xbox 360 and PS3 is similar.

3. A lower resolution proportionately lowers pixel shader load as well as enables the Xbox 360s GPU to operate more efficiently by avoiding the use of tiling. This frees up any inherrant or imagined performance differences from becoming a factor.

4. All the games stated, Killzone 2, MGS4, Uncharted 2 are linear and both consoles have 512MB of ram so the effective maximum number of assets seen at the same time are identical and the use of multiple DVDs is practical. They also use lossless compression of audio which is indistinguishable for most people compared to more lossy compression and this is a large space saving.

5. When considering online much of the load is infact taken up by the servers. Live has a lot of very big servers so this isn't a problem.

6. Final Fantasy XIII + other multiplatform games perform well on the Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively.

Good, you've contributed mostly opinion. Now, as I asked STAGE, are you going to contribute to the topic or continue to derail it?

FFS Mr 'its only your opinion'. Cut the BS man. I have stated nothing which is not backed up by facts so either apologise, prove me wrong or stop derailing the topic. Because you do not understand what I mean, this doesn't make me wrong. It just means that you need to educate yourself about computing.

Tease.

CGI-Quality said:
Squilliam said:

Why do you imagine I was trying to refute you? I was merely talking in the context of this thread.

The "context" of this thread is asking for 3 games that show what PS3 is capable of. That being said, where are your choices?

Heavy Rain, Warhawk and Lair are three titles which would be impossible to replicate on other consoles due to their unique use of both Sixaxis and the number of buttons required to play.

Tease.

Wh... why are you guys mentioning Lair? it doesn't look great, has terrible FPS, doesn't play great... I mean it's not a bad game but it's not even close to being up with the best on PS3.