By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Needs Downloadable Content

I'm sure it will happen in their next console, It could make developers some extra cash. Just like I hope next Wii console u can re-download your Virtua Console games.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't need it but for games like Smash I would like it. And again Nintendo does not need it but DLC can also let a game sell more.

I think Fallout 3 for example would have soldless without all the DLC...Every few months the game got hyped again for the new DLC so gamers who forgot about the game and did not purchased the game maybe will think again about buying the game.

Well I love the DLC in Fallout 3 I spent more than 100 hours into the game and buying their DLC is like thanking them for bringing this awesome game on the market.

The only games that need DLC are games either based purely on online multiplayer or that have a subscription fee. This means games like MMORPGs and online shooters, etc. Of course, this DLC has been present for a long time, but it's been called a patch. DLC should never cost money, in my opinion, unless the game is F2P and your business model is based on micro-transactions.

Lostplanet22 said:
Nintendo doesn't need it but for games like Smash I would like it. And again Nintendo does not need it but DLC can also let a game sell more.

I think Fallout 3 for example would have soldless without all the DLC...Every few months the game got hyped again for the new DLC so gamers who forgot about the game and did not purchased the game maybe will think again about buying the game.

Well I love the DLC in Fallout 3 I spent more than 100 hours into the game and buying their DLC is like thanking them for bringing this awesome game on the market.

As far as I'm concerned, buying the game itself is how you thank them for bringing the game on the market... no?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

For all the people who says No DLC No all I got to say is

DLC can be really good because even tho most of the companies make you pay too much for it when you shouldnt in the end it comes to you to know if its worth payin for
so just to get the option its something good for us gamers

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network

Bad DLC = single item sales. Some of those items are locked on the disc. costume colours(SF4)
Good DLC = entirely new large segments of game play. Awakenings(DA), The Pitt(FO3)

Good DLC extends life while both making games more feasible for developers and more worth while to the gamer since DLC can be cheap. Unfortunatly Console developers like Capcom don't understand this and are screwing up like Bethesda did in their first DLC content. People don't want to pay $5 for a horse, but will pay $10 for a good amount of extra fun.

In time it will be a decision for developers to handle the ever increasing costs. Go DLC for a majority or their big budget games or go out of business.

Nintendo will have DLC too someday. It seems that it's a good idea that Nintendo doesn't do DLC, but that's not a limitation that they don't want to. It's that there programming style is about 10+ years old. Great engineers, awesome at polish, but it's old school.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
Bad DLC = single item sales. Some of those items are locked on the disc. costume colours(SF4)
Good DLC = entirely new large segments of game play. Awakenings(DA), The Pitt(FO3)

Good DLC extends life while both making games more feasible for developers and more worth while to the gamer since DLC can be cheap. Unfortunatly Console developers like Capcom don't understand this and are screwing up like Bethesda did in their first DLC content. People don't want to pay $5 for a horse, but will pay $10 for a good amount of extra fun.

In time it will be a decision for developers to handle the ever increasing costs. Go DLC for a majority or their big budget games or go out of business.

Nintendo will have DLC too someday. It seems that it's a good idea that Nintendo doesn't do DLC, but that's not a limitation that they don't want to. It's that there programming style is about 10+ years old. Great engineers, awesome at polish, but it's old school.

I'd love to see any proof of this.  I mean, I'm sure you've done plenty of impressive research and you're not just talking out of your ass.  I'm also sure you're not conveniently ignoring that development costs are significantly cheaper on the Wii than the HD consoles, and thus they can make a profit on any game that sells decently, and don't necessarily NEED a big game to sell 6-7 million (even though they often do) in order to be profitable.

unless it's free dlc, HELL NO!

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Rhonin the wizard said:

How is this for a crazy idea? Developers include the content on the disk and not cut it so they can make you pay for it later.

This the only download content I will ever buy is the Wiiware games and a few VC games never ever will I buy stuff that should have been in teh game in the first place. I repeat NEVER EVER

The one thing I hate about the Wii is how reasonably the games are priced. $50, for a video game? And it doesn't have twice that in DLC? BULLSHIT! I only buy $150 collectors packs! And I download all the DLC! And I buy a new PS3 with every game!

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption