By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Needs Downloadable Content

Ok I see everyone talkin about the wii needs demos but the most important things for me is DLC

imagine games NSMW get new worlds or smash new characters Nintendo could get alot of money from dat

and customers like us would love to pay for additional content for Nintendo games

so am I just the one who cares

tell me what you think

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network

God no, please, no. Just no.

No way.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

How is this for a crazy idea? Developers include the content on the disk and not cut it so they can make you pay for it later.

Cheebee said:

No way.

why not? who wouldnt have Nintendo games has downloadable content? lol... Nintendo will do downloadable content eventually, they even said they will do downloadable content somewhere along the line

oh did i mention downloadable content?

oh you think desperate escape and lost in nightmares were already on re5 disc no
or the dlc like uncharted 2 just got
Im not talking about 1 week after the release date dlc

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network
Siko1989 said:
Cheebee said:

No way.

why not? who wouldnt have Nintendo games has downloadable content? lol... Nintendo will do downloadable content eventually, they even said they will do downloadable content somewhere along the line

There's nothing wrong with downloadable content per se, just the way it's currently being handled by 90% of the industry.  Day-one DLC, content locked away on the disc so you can pay extra for it, $10 for a couple of new missions--this is not the way to do it.  With games like Guitar Hero it's ok, because those games are desinged around DLC, but I miss the days when you would buy a game and then later on for another $30 you would get an expansion pack with TONS of new content.  That's the way DLC should be, and until it starts being ytht way I hope Nintendo doesn't allow it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Care to explain why, Cheebee?
Don't get me wrong, I don't care too much about Down-loadable Content, but why do you resent DLC so much?

EDIT: Oh damn it! Siko beat me to it!

You can already get DLC for Wii games. It just hasn't been enough of a hit that devs have done it alot.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Nintendo is pretty against DLC, they only release games 100% complete

Siko1989 said:
Cheebee said:

No way.

oh did i mention downloadable content?

That's a lot of downloadable content right there.

... Nintendo said that? I'd like a link, please, 'cos as far as I know, every time Miyamoto or anyone else from Nintendo touched upon the matter during some interview or whatnot, they usually said something along the lines of 'it may be interesting, but we don't think consumers want that', or 'it's not an appealing model for us'.

And it certainly doesn't go with Nintendo's strategy, the one they've been following ever since DS launched, where they want to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.

Not that I'm saying there's zero chance it'll happen, but I find it hard to believe Nintendo will do it, and I won't believe it until I see it.

*Edit* Personally now, I despise DLC. I *hate* having to pay extra just to get a few new things. Games are already expensive enough, I don't want to have to spend extra cash just to get access to some things they could've given you access to in the game in the 1st place. I am not willing to pay 10%, 20% or even more of a game's original price, just to get some extra levels, outfots, weapons or whatnot. Thekitchensink described my thoughts on the matter pretty well, in fact. A few games *may* benefit from it, eventually. And it may be alright for them to come up with DLC for those, but I cannot think of a single Nintendo game that would benefit from DLC right now, at all. Some 'hardcore' enthusiasts may disagree with me, but they're a minority of Nintendo's audience. And a tiny one at that.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046