By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

metalmonstar said:
Kage and spiff. I am in wisdom 3, gate 12 city 10

k im here are u "hatter"? hes only one here atm.

Around the Network

I'm having trouble with thunderstorms, which oddly enough seem to be impacting WiFi, a phenomenon i've never experienced before.

Of course, my laptops on WiFi too, so if you're reading this, i may very well be on my way

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

sweet this is fun....2 bad nintendos online sux so much bawlz lol...

please can anyone have a pc near them for ts? lol.

That was a good run, despite our sizable differences in HR.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

yea i was just trying to live lol. Ill put some work in this week 4 sure.

Around the Network
Kage848 said:

Eh, any hunt you can walk away from was a good hunt.  Especially when there's a group-wide Epic Fail.  I'll never forget when all four of us tried to jump on Jhen's back, and one by one wound up eating sand...

noname2200 said:
Kage848 said:

Eh, any hunt you can walk away from was a good hunt.  Especially when there's a group-wide Epic Fail.  I'll never forget when all four of us tried to jump on Jhen's back, and one by one wound up eating sand...

Yea thats true. I just feel guilty for all the high lvls helping me and getting nothing done for themselves. Should I keep going with single player or do multiplayer only?

Kage848 said:
noname2200 said:
Kage848 said:

Yea thats true. I just feel guilty for all the high lvls helping me and getting nothing done for themselves. Should I keep going with single player or do multiplayer only?

If there's anything you need from Ceadeus, you'll have to go offline.  But realistically all you need from offline mode is to have your farm running with things like sap plants and honey, maybe the occasional steak. You get everything else playing online, and it's quicker and easier to take down beasties that way.

To summarize: focus on multiplayer, but dabble offline for supplies every now and again.

And don't feel bad: we all started low and had help from the higher-ranked folks.  Just use this time to learn the ropes and it'll all be good!

Whoa, VGC looks so different! Yeah, it was fun but too short haha! I kept playing with some randoms after you all left and got the Lagiacrus urgent quest, so hopefully I can run that with you guys soon.

P.S.: Thanks for telling me about the evils of Gamestop, Kage, though the Canadian version (EB Games) doesn't seem as bad as what you said from my experience. The worst was pre-ordering a game only to get there and find they didn't actually have enough copies. And when I asked the clerk about the PS2 Prince of Persia games, he warned me that The Warrior Within was not as good in his opinion, so that was nice of him.

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

spiffiness said:

Whoa, VGC looks so different! Yeah, it was fun but too short haha! I kept playing with some randoms after you all left and got the Lagiacrus urgent quest, so hopefully I can run that with you guys soon.

P.S.: Thanks for telling me about the evils of Gamestop, Kage, though the Canadian version (EB Games) doesn't seem as bad as what you said from my experience. The worst was pre-ordering a game only to get there and find they didn't actually have enough copies. And when I asked the clerk about the PS2 Prince of Persia games, he warned me that The Warrior Within was not as good in his opinion, so that was nice of him.

Yea was a lot of fun.

spiffiness and I used Teamspeak and it owned. Like I said before, anyone that can have a computer near join us on teamspeak please if ya can. Really adds to the experience to me.

Yea Gamestop is crap. The pre-order thing I told him about was the Monster Hunter Tri demo disk they were trying to tell people they had to pre-order the game in order to get. I have heard horror stories about that place. And when I go in an buy a "NEW" compy of say, Boomblocks Bash Party, I don't think its right of them to get the damn disk from behind the counter and put it in a fucking open box and sell it for a "NEW" price. I'll never go to that shit hole again.

Anyways Monster Hunter Tri owns, the Wii's online sucks ass, I hate the new VGC layout ( Although to be fair I may just not be used to it yet ) and Gamestop are a bunch of criminals. Nuff said.