By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Seems like we are going to have some overflow tonight.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Around the Network
BoneArk said:
I had a great day yesterday, I got an extra Alatreon webbing, an extra Deviljho gem and an extra Uragaan Ruby. Lady Luck was on my side yesterday.

hope you know that ala armor is only good for awakening =P. which is good if you have full tenebre and needs ice damage, other than that, I prefer Ura for blade and Amagi/Barioth for gunning. even then you can just gem ura armor for awaken, i like how it looks though.

Wow I forgot tonight is Mond lol I better get ready.

go to http://www.teamspeak.com/.....Downlaod the Teamspeak 3 Client....

TS info is:

address is - 70.32.46.162

port is - 2251

anyone who wants to join Teamspeak please send me a PM for the password.

See ya tonight.

RolStoppable said:
Players suck, weapons suck, armors suck, game sucks. I hate this game. It's a waste of time.

How do I kill Ceadeus? I've done it once, but the fight started in area 3 with one of his horns already broken. The next time I played that quest he swam through area 1-3 and that takes way too much time.

uh, it's a 2 parter unless you can kill him during the first part, which I've been doing for awhile now. takes 26-28 minutes, and you get a good amount of money. you can always mod your Wii and play the NA version with me if you want, at least I don't suck, nor do my weapons or armors lol.

RolStoppable said:
@dahuman

I guess I just try it again once I've got that Alatreon switch axe. Ceadeus is weak to the dragon element, should be easy enough to kill him everytime then.

Players really do suck and the weapon tiers are a joke too. Whoever said that lances are the best thing is wrong. I failed a quest today with a HR80 lancer because he died twice and some other dude died once.

you just need the fully upgraded Lagi LS for that, it's weak to lighting and weakest to dragon. I have never taken a dragon dmg weapon to ceadeus personally, always the highest heaven's thunder with affinity. highest darkclaw would prolly kill it the fastest out of anything else though, I just don't give a rat's ass to upgrade that one hehe.

I usually just use LS mainly, Para or Poison SnS secondary, and hammer to fuck around. LS is the best damage weapon in the game and if you are good enough then you don't need blocking anyways. I've raped Alatreon a lot with Barb "Sharq." Tore his ass apart with 20-30min kills in groups lol. Gonna go back to gunning eventually, just makes no sense spending all that money on ammo atm. Might start taking Tenebra D in the future hehehehehe.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
@dahuman

I'll be sticking with switch axes for now, I've gotten the best versions of some elements already. But yeah, not being able to block isn't a real issue, isn't my playstyle anyway. Once I am done with all the switch axes, I'll be looking into new armor, fully maxed out Rathian+ has come in handy with its health +50 and fire resistance+ skills.

The biggest problem is still the same as always: finding a good group to play with online. It doesn't help that filtering towns for a certain monster type usually only brings up a couple of results, so it's hard to get the materials that I need quickly.

it's pretty easy if you go into the recruit area usually.

metalmonstar said:
Seems like we are going to have some overflow tonight.

Likely not to be honest: because of the short notice (I sent out the wall posts a few hours ago) I'm not expecting the full Monday group to show.  But kage for one will, and hopefully more besides! (Not me though: too swamped ).

RolStoppable said:
Players suck, weapons suck, armors suck, game sucks. I hate this game. It's a waste of time.

How do I kill Ceadeus? I've done it once, but the fight started in area 3 with one of his horns already broken. The next time I played that quest he swam through area 1-3 and that takes way too much time.

Bah, quite your whining.  You rack up the most damage when he's swimming to Area 3: pound that neckbeard of his the whole way, laugh as he only "attacks" every five minutes, then finish him off when he gets to the last area.  If I can do it in under 30 minutes with a Gobulu+ Lance, you should have no problem with even a basic dragon-or-lightning-element weapon.

Kage and spiff. I am in wisdom 3, gate 12 city 10

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

metalmonstar said:
Kage and spiff. I am in wisdom 3, gate 12 city 10

omw

Wish I could join y'all.

Have fun! If you guys try the group-mic, let me know how it worked!