By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

almost comp;eted all the 3* quests, just got two advanced quests to do.

We need to sort out a proper PAL vgchartz session at somepoint, I havn't been one in ages. After thursday next week I should be free to play a lot of the time so then we can have some awesome sessions :)

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

I did some Alatreon runs last night,but, didn't manage to get any brkn skypiercers from it. It surprises me how some people don't upgrade their armor to the max to fight Alatreon.

hi guys i'm new to monster hunter can someone show me all the combos for the great sowrd
i'm using the classic control that comes bundle with the game

Hey all, I'm trying to get a regular VGC group going. Any NA players who can drop by and play a game tonight at 6 Pacific (8 Central, 9 Eastern) is welcome. We could hit up Wisdom 3, City Gate 12, City 10, overflow to City 11, then 12, etc. If folks can't make it, but have a time when they could drop by, feel free to chime in!

Is there still some PAL players here ?
I am currently HR18 and I'd like to join PAL vgc members for more MH3 godness.

I have a keyboard and the Wiimike.

Edit : Woot, finally killed my first Ratihan in SP... at the last minute ^^

Around the Network
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

Rol and me are one of the few VGChartz PAL players. I'll probably be online tonight.

Chrizum said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

Rol and me are one of the few VGChartz PAL players. I'll probably be online tonight.

i'm a PAL player too, cant do tonight or tommorow night because of exams :( will you guys be free wednesday night?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

WTH !!!! I hate this piece of **** of rathian. Please give me a good setup for this b****.
Few questions :
- I have Anahanta blade
- Full Barroth armor
- What is the EZ bomb for, it does nothing, she is not stunt since she can still attack
- What to do when your being eaten by her, it takes ages, and ends always in a backflip poisoned and so on...

I am really beginning to think it's really annoying. Pisses me off. Grrrr... * passes its rage on kelbies*

Yo, noname I am willing to join the group. I will try to get on at 6 pacific time.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

metalmonstar said:
Yo, noname I am willing to join the group. I will try to get on at 6 pacific time.

Glad to hear it! Just a reminder: if 10 is full, we'll move on to City 11, and so on. See you there!

Killy_Vorkosigan said:
WTH !!!! I hate this piece of **** of rathian. Please give me a good setup for this b****.
Few questions :
- I have Anahanta blade
- Full Barroth armor
- What is the EZ bomb for, it does nothing, she is not stunt since she can still attack
- What to do when your being eaten by her, it takes ages, and ends always in a backflip poisoned and so on...

I am really beginning to think it's really annoying. Pisses me off. Grrrr... * passes its rage on kelbies*

1) Don't bring armor that's weak to fire.

2) It helps to have the Wind Resistant skill, although it's not necessary.

3) Flash bombs make the monsters use a smaller set of attacks, and it (usually) prevents them from charging.  Next time you stun her with a bomb, expect her to use lots of bites and tail swipes, but fewer fireballs and sudden charges.  It's also much more rare for her to go airborn during that time.

4) Keep a dung bomb with you when fighting Rathian and Rathalos: if they pin you to the ground and start biting, you can use the dung bomb to immediately stop them.  This also works if they're attacking another player, although in those cases it's best to just pound on them since they're so delicate. (Unless your partner's about to die, of course.)

5) Building on that, the secret to both the Rath's is that they're very fragile.  Keep hitting any body part and they'll quickly flinch.  Don't go straight for the tail when they're on the ground, since it's the easiest target to reach when they're airborn. 

6) Most importantly, they do not hold still for long unless they're panting!  Therefore, don't do a combo unless they're in the middle of an attack (which isn't hitting you) or they're about to start an attack (which isn't going to hit you). 

Example:  Rathian just landed.  Do not close in and start a combo, because in those two seconds it will turn to face you and then trample you, or do its spin attack.

Example 2: Rathian is rearing its head.  You are not directly in front of it.  You may do a combo, because it's about to do a fireball or bite in front of its face, and will thus be vulnerable for a few seconds.

Example 3: Rathian is on the ground, but it's just squatted.  It's about to poison you.  Stay the **** away.