By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Damnit. Full already?

:/

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

One place available now. A guy left after thinking we would fail the Jhen event quest (which we didn't).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

One place available now. A guy left after thinking we would fail the Jhen event quest (which we didn't).

ahh, just started a Barroth capture run, though. I guess i'll sit this one out.

EDIT: Found a good group anyway. We handed Lagiacrus its own tail.

I dunno why random newbies came into the room and did the jhen mohran quest. If it wasn't for Shmup and me they would have failed badly. I don't want to do low rank jhen with randoms anymore. 

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

well going to stop by best buy tonight and pick this game up, been reading a few pages on this to kidn of get a feel for what's up.  so a few questions.  Also to note: this is my first ever monster hunter game.

1) What's this HR?  Is that your level or something?

2) Is offline and online characters different?

3) All weapons/classes or whatever this game calls shit balanced enough, or is there something I should stay away from?

thats all for now, reading back from page 103, so maybe see more questions when get back to present

Around the Network
irstupid said:

well going to stop by best buy tonight and pick this game up, been reading a few pages on this to kidn of get a feel for what's up.  so a few questions.  Also to note: this is my first ever monster hunter game.

1) What's this HR?  Is that your level or something?

2) Is offline and online characters different?

3) All weapons/classes or whatever this game calls shit balanced enough, or is there something I should stay away from?

thats all for now, reading back from page 103, so maybe see more questions when get back to present

1) Sort of. It's closer to Rank in competitive online games. You get points for succeeding quests, and negative points for dying, but the negative points are insignificant. There are certain milestones of hunter rank that allow you to get to new quests, like at 9, 18, and 31
2) Nope. You use the same character that shares the same items, but advances in one side don't match advances in the other. If you're HR 31 online, but never tried off, still expect to start harvestin' those shrooms.
3) It goes by preference. Most people prefer to stay away from being a gunner, but that creates a demand for gunners because they are quite useful. I prefer Lance and Longsword. Each has its own style with its own strengths and weaknesses, but it varies so greatly from boss to boss and from person to person that there's really nothing to speak of here.

metalmonstar said:

I dunno why random newbies came into the room and did the jhen mohran quest. If it wasn't for Shmup and me they would have failed badly. I don't want to do low rank jhen with randoms anymore. 

I agree, though I must say it wasn't completely useless as I got that SomethingElderBlood for the first time. High rank one is more fun though!

I think I actually hate the Jhen Mohran even quest. People abuse us high ranks!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Check out my thread, MH3 related. Awesome vids.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112342&page=1#

I finally got to hr18 last night. Now i can actually do 3* with u guys.

Lagiacrus capture quest. How do they make this more cheap-o than it was already?