By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Mr Khan said:

^^ I have no fire weapons available to me, unless i want to take up hammers. The second neck swipe i've already dealt with, as i'm attacking him super-close range, and i'm inside that. Mostly its the poison flop that starts me on the road to destruction, as then he kills me while i'm going through Antidote herbs trying to find one that works.

That flop is precisely why you're not supposed to stay near the torso unless you have Guard Up and the skill to instantly go to Counter-Thrust. 

If you're going to play it that way though, do not try to take the antidote while you're in the same zone as Gigginox: retreat to another zone, take the Antidote (regular antidote, by the way, not an antidote herb) and then return to keep fighting.  Otherwise, you die quickly. 

Be warned though that you're current style will lead to mass consumption of antidotes for each victory.  I really don't recommend it.

Around the Network

Two hours, zero progress. This thing is just broken.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

You talking about beating the Gigginox or the drop rate for the unnerving talon?

Let me say this...from the time you get some poison sacs, create some Antidote decorations (up to now i can't find a poison talisman) to get the Negate poison skill. Saves a lot of stress. Of course, by the time you get enough sacs you might be skillfull enough to take him out effortlessly anyway ;)

edit: oh and if you can suck it up somehow and get your hands on a Djinn, you will be MOST CONTENTED.

HR17 online and i haven't done many online star quests, just started offline 4 Star quests.

Its not broken, its just REALLY DIFFICULT to keep grinding to be honest. BUT, like no other game ive ever played, once you start playing you really can just sit there for days grinding away, its all about small rewards.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

blunty51 said:
Mr Khan said:

You talking about beating the Gigginox or the drop rate for the fearsome maw?

Let me say this...from the time you get some poison sacs, create some Antidote decorations (up to now i can't find a poison talisman) to get the Negate poison skill. Saves a lot of stress. Of course, by the time you get enough sacs you might be skillfull enough to take him out effortlessly anyway ;)

edit: oh and if you can suck it up somehow and get your hands on a Djinn, you will be MOST CONTENTED.

Gigginox period. The unnerving fang will come in its own time, as i can just do more online runs against it, and i've got a bunch of other lances to look into. Shadow Javelin was just the coolest looking (and with helpful poison effect). Plus i need Gigginox to upgrade Azi Dhaka.

Around the Network

I guess it was just a matter of rethinking it. I've been so bound to defense that i wasn't able to think outside that box. Close-range strategy was close, it was just a matter of getting a few hits in, then charging through her and away, insuring many more hits in the escape.

Still the most unfair of the set so far. If it doesn't feel like playing, it can just jump on the ceiling :/

Mr Khan said:

I guess it was just a matter of rethinking it. I've been so bound to defense that i wasn't able to think outside that box. Close-range strategy was close, it was just a matter of getting a few hits in, then charging through her and away, insuring many more hits in the escape.

Still the most unfair of the set so far. If it doesn't feel like playing, it can just jump on the ceiling :/

I felt the same, and also for Barroth and Barioth. But it's just like you said, think outside the box (of your original thought)

I laugh when i think back at how i used to feel when i first encountered those guys...but it really just boiled down to two main things...patience and movement prediction. I almost broke my controller with those guys...looking back it's like "what was i thinking??". It's not worth it getting worked up now. You'll eventually get it!

Barroth is the devil

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Are we up for this evening? If not i've got some Velvety Hides and Aptonoth stomachs to collect. A bit much on the effort front to just get that Powderstone quest, but i'm determined to get them all.

I can be online. Did the Powderstone quest on my own, it was boring.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!