By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Numbers Up. Mar 20, 2010.

Great week all around but good going GOW3! Grats to Pokemon also :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
God of War III beats Pokemon WW.

That's not a very valid comparison when Pokemon hasn't released in Europe.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

ds- always amazing sales
wii- slowing down but still on top
ps3- impressive. it may catch the 360 sooner than I thought
360- still strong in america but sales will probably decrease or stay the same as last year
psp- touch screen and casual games > graphics and hardcore games. still solid though

themanwithnoname said:
CGI-Quality said:
God of War III beats Pokemon WW.

That's not a very valid comparison when Pokemon hasn't released in Europe.

Or when there are 2 Pokemon games combined vs 1 God of War game...

wholikeswood said:
85k HD gap. Definitely could have been a 100k gap if SCEA hadn't messed up. :O

Still, can't knock a quarter million for PS3 in a March week.

Gap now 5.58mil... what was the lowest it's ever been again?

I didn't mess up anything

If you aren't playing B3YOND, you're playing behind

Playstation 3: It Only Does Everything

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
jonop said:
Does the wii still have shortages in America?

Yes. Just as bad, if not worse, than the PS3's if I'm not mistaken.

You are mistaken, the Wii is not having as much issues as the ps3, not even close..

If anything the past couple of weeks its been in stock in the majority of places once again, like gamestop said nintendo stepped up, but sony hasnt:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=020070

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_video_games_display_on_website_more?pf_rd_p=475985451&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0W5JPSMMWYMG42Z43NVX

as you can see the PS3 just got some stock in amazon, and clearly there is huge demand for it.. but it will likely sell out shortly, since im sure it isn't much stock as this happens all the time.

mM

Damn, only if SCEA sorted out the supply issues ...

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Yakuza4 doubled Japans PS3 sales. I know I state the obvious but x360 sales in Japan are pitiful.

I read somewhere that Sony makes a profit from HW in the EU due to the favourable currency exchange rates, can anyone confirm or discredit this?

I am not suggesting that sony is up to no good with their PS3s in the US, but this is business and if that is the case why chase a weak dollar when you can make sure Europe has no such shortage problem.

great sales for ps3, but to late in day imo.

just imagine if it had launched at this price, one thing i know is no one will launch at $499 again

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I'm impressed that Wii still manages to edge out the PS3 (slightly) despite one of Wii's driest periods for significant releases against what is possibly the PS3's biggest time for releases of the year with FFXIII, GOW3, and Yakuza 3. PS3 might have some supply issues in some places but according to this site: http://ps3finder.com/ it's available in several major online stores.

Come April, May, and June, we should start to see the Wii pull away again, at least until GT5.