By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reviews are irrelevant,

Reviews are a poor judge of quality.

Tease.

Around the Network

But you are a reviewer. Reviews are not law you could enjoy "bad" music, movies, books, tv shows... who cares.

Doesn't mean reviews are irrelevant. They are a line of defense between the consumer and the publishers who will only spoon feed you the best coverage of your product for your money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

scottie said:
Chairman-Mao said:
If you're just having fun with your kid, then yeah reviews are irrelevant.

If you're looking for a great game that will be well made, challenging/rewarding, great story, etc. then you should probably listen to reviews to at least some extent.

Like if a game gets a 40 on metacritic you know its not worth your time but if it gets a 70 on meta it could still be good so its up to you.

Where does 58 on Metacritic come into it? Because Wii Play got a 58, and considering it's a $10 game, was one of my best purchases of the generation

It really depends what you're looking for. If you just want some good old fashioned fun then go for it.

Personally I hate reviews for most things like movies for example. Critics and I don't agree on what is a good/bad movie. But games on the other hand I don't think the review system is as bad as people say it is. Find a reviewer(s) you like and ignore the others.

So, do your mom and brother read video game reviews?

Reviews are irrlelavent when you own the console that has the worst games based on reviews.

I remember at the start of this gen, how nintendo fans would constantly site metacritic and claim "even reviewers know the wii is the best console this gen when it comes to game quality" now the tables aren't the same.. and this is basically factual, you can go back in these forums and look for evidence of it.

also this:

"Just Dance is literally crap. Most people don't even realize what's going on. I made my mom dance to bird is the word at a gamestop."

To people that have never played a game as great as ZELDA, or METAL GEAR, someone who doesn't even give a fack about video games, they obviously will do w.e is entertaining for a couple of minutes, and live on with there lives. But for those of us avid gamers, who want something more out of gaming, reviews help improve the choices we make when buying a title.

mM
Around the Network
Squilliam said:

No they are not, they are a great juge of quality, which is why gamers tend to look towards them for a purchase of a video game most of the time.

mM
Chairman-Mao said:
scottie said:
Chairman-Mao said:
If you're just having fun with your kid, then yeah reviews are irrelevant.

If you're looking for a great game that will be well made, challenging/rewarding, great story, etc. then you should probably listen to reviews to at least some extent.

Like if a game gets a 40 on metacritic you know its not worth your time but if it gets a 70 on meta it could still be good so its up to you.

Where does 58 on Metacritic come into it? Because Wii Play got a 58, and considering it's a $10 game, was one of my best purchases of the generation

It really depends what you're looking for. If you just want some good old fashioned fun then go for it.

Personally I hate reviews for most things like movies for example. Critics and I don't agree on what is a good/bad movie. But games on the other hand I don't think the review system is as bad as people say it is. Find a reviewer(s) you like and ignore the others.

I've not managed to find a single reviewer who has taste in gaming even remotely similar to mine, nor can I find any that review based on how it would appeal to the target audience.

leo-j said:
Squilliam said:

No they are not, they are a great juge of quality, which is why gamers tend to look towards them for a purchase of a video game most of the time.

Gamers also by titles like Just Dance...

Tease.

Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:

Gamers also by titles like Just Dance...

Indeed they do I mean shhhhhh !!!

Im just trying to say that it seems casual games are reviewed with the hardcore gamer in mind which dosn`t make sense, it almost automaticly relegates them to poor scores, hence why most gamers see casual games as crap