By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Things Killzone 3 needs to succeed.

They should make it harder to get up to the general rank in the online multiplayer, it took me less than a week to get there. XP

Around the Network

you guys have got to Remember Killzone 2 did very well and this is why, When KZ2 came out there was a lot less PS3s out then 360s, Also a lot of PS3 fans do not play FPS, and also FPS are much more popular in USA, at the time KZ2 released look at how many PS3s were in the US, like 10 million give or take. Plus KZ was really a new IP, the first KZ on PS2 was a long time ago , and did not do very well, Also for what ever dumb ass reason KZ2 did not have Coop, So givin all these reasons, KZ2 saleing close to 3 million copies is pretty dam good. Now the PS3 is doing much better, lots more consoles out there , much better exclusives out there, by the time KZ3 comes, and they ad Coop, it will sale much much better, more FPS fans are playing on PS3, for a long time FPS fans were mostly playing on 360, because they has a lot of them , MS really made  FPS more popular on the console. So not to worry KZ3 will do very well.

CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
I'd have to say I agree. As fighter also said, a better framerate wouldn't hurt.

But as for environments, as long as they keep the gritty look, I'm fine. The first game's environments were true perfection. Killzone 2 got a little bit repetitive, even though I can understand why. They could add unique details here and there, though.

They should also put in a knife.

Killzone 2 had a decent frame rate, mainly dropping a time or two during intense, heavy moments.

I know it's well locked in 30 fps.

Wouldn't hurt to make it a little more fast paced, though.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I'd like to see 4 player coop... but 2player coop would be required at a minumum for me...

-Built from the ground up for 3D and Move.
-Online Co-op
-More varied mission types/enviornments
-Better charicter models to stand along side Heavy Rain, Uncharted2, and God of War 3
-A story of the same quality as the first one.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
-Built from the ground up for 3D and Move.
-Online Co-op
-More varied mission types/enviornments
-Better charicter models to stand along side Heavy Rain, Uncharted2, and God of War 3
-A story of the same quality as the first one.

No, please, NO!

A spin-off, yes. But not 3, please.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

coolbeans said:
Bringing back secondary fire for most weapons + a sharper improvement on the general gunplay controls on top of that would be nice.

Yeah the secondary fire was great in the first game.   They should also bring back the those large hip mounted weapons that Rico used in the first game.

Also, as for co-op,  online or none at all as far as I am concerned.  I dont want a drop in the quality of the visuals just for something like that. 

Couple of things :

1. Controls
2. More Colour in Enviroments
3. Co - Op for Story Mode

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

CGI-Quality said:
Akvod said:
CGI-Quality said:
Akvod said:
CGI-Quality said:
Akvod said:
Better controls and I'm cool.

The controls were perfect for the type of game it was IMO. I ike that slow, weighted feel.

Bad Company 2 is also a slow weight game that emphasizes cover. Yet it didn't sacrifice precision and intution. There's no reason why I can't fucking get the center of my screen, that imaginary dot, where I want it to as if I'm desperately trying to place a marble on top of a hill.

Hmmm....I didn't have that problem. I can see why that would be frustrating though.

Do you use the scope a lot or hip firing? I use the scope most of the time unless it's an emergency/caught off guard.

Edit: Do you also aim for the head or body with the scope?

I aim for the head most of the time, but it was simple to me. I didn't really have any aiming issues.

The main problem with Killzone 2's aiming was that if you tried to do just minor small adjustments to line up shots it sometimes didn't read your input at all because of the acceleration they added to it.  Either that or if you aimed really quickly to a location not very close the acceleration affect wouldn't stop moving the cursor when you stopped.  For a very competitive twitch player in FPS games like myself, it was annoying that I couldn't make such adjustments.  Plus in close quarters it made using the "aim down the sights" pointless and most people within say 20 ft of someone would just hip fire (which was wayyyy to accurate for those distances).

How about controls that don't blow ass chunks? Or enviroments that don't make me want to puke? Or weapons that don't feel like they were made in WW2? Or enemies that don't look exactly like Nazis?

Basically as long as it's not as terrible as KZ2 was, it'll be an improvement. I HATED Killzone 2.