By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 PS3 exclusive

Concept sounds awesome and after the disappointment that was GTA4, should be good.

I doubt SCE would pay the amount of money necessary for this game to be Exclusive, and even if they were willing Im not sure Take-Two would do it anyway. No way they would put aside the 7ishM Xbox fans who bought their game, regardless of money paid.

Timed Exclusive? Is more possible but still not likely.

Around the Network

Exclusive - No.

Timed Exclusive - Possible.

sounds bullshit (all of it)

4 times bigger than San Andreas would make the game rather worse than better....

@Euphoria
That guy made the thread in May 09

I don't understand all the GTAV ps3 exclusive rumors, rockstar already has the engines for both consoles in place and the sold a boatload of GTAIV on both consoles. But the crazy part is, despite how counter intuitive it may seem, I think its possible. At least a timed exclusive. And what makes me think its possible is the decline in prestige the series has seen, with Call of duty taking its sales crown from it. A big move like this would focus everyones attention on GTAV, something that would make it the talk of the internet for weeks and months. And rockstar has had a very close and successful relationship with Sony. I still think its highly unlikely though, and of course all the things in the OP are BS.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

IIRC Rockstar did mention something about gta4 being too expensive and that ps3 had such a small user base that it was foolhardy to stay exclusive but that they were thinking about doing exclusive work in the future, including gta.
Maybe my facts are mixed, but it is possible.

Around the Network

yea 10% done and its going to release this year?I don't think so,Why mention san andreas that game is old

An exclusive could be possible, but only for one reason: if the next GTA is too big to fit on a DVD. A game the size of San Andreas, done in HD, would probably be possible only on blu-ray, unless you divide the game maps. In that case, you either are unable to go back to previous areas of the game, or have to switch DVDs every time you go from one city to the next.

Do I put any value on that rumor? Hell no, that guy screams troll. Would I be surpised if it did happen? No.

Not a chance, maybe if GTA4 didn't sell a crapload on the 360. Try again next gen.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I'm calling bullshit. No way in Hell they'll miss the market on the 360.

Obviously false, misleading title since it doesn't even label it as a rumor. Lock'd