By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Good Gamecube games?

I never owned a Gamecube, but now with the Wii I'm also interested in good Gamecube titles. I own already Pikmin (what a good surprise, really great game, I will buy pikmin 2 too), Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Mega Collection and F-Zero GX. Can you recommend me some other gamecube-games, I should buy?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Get Mario Kart, Paper Mario and Wind Waker.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

eternal darkness, RE4, Tales of Symphonia, Mario Sunshine (decent), Smash brothers (duh), Baten Kaitos, Metroid 1 (2 is lame compared to 1), skies of arcadia

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

reverie said: Get Mario Kart, Paper Mario and Wind Waker.
Thanks for the recommendation. Because Zelda:TP was great (Finished the game some hours ago), I really will consider Windwaker. For Paper Mario, I'm undecided, should I buy the Gamecube-game or the coming Wii-game. I will look in some reviews for Mario kart, thanks for the hint.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Fire Emblem, Baten Kaitos 1 & 2 (eternal wings & origins), Metroid prime 1 & 2, Resident evil 4, Skies of Arcadia Legends,Super Smash Bros. Melee, Killer 7, Chibi robo & I ninja were all very nice games. If you pick up Wind Waker keep in mind it has a very different overall feel then Twilight Princess, though it is an amazing game.

Around the Network

Fire Emblem is pretty spiffy if you like turn-based strategy. Super Monkey Ball 2 for the Gamecube is the best incarnation of Monkey Ball -- the PS2 port had terrible framerate and control issues, and the Wii Monkey Ball has received poor reviews. Megaman X Collection is pretty good, all the X games were great. If you have a PS2, I recommend the PS2 version as the DualShock controller is easier to use for a platformer. Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime. MP: Echoes isn't as good as the original, but it's still good, get it if you love MP. Oh, and if someone tells you you should get StarFox Adventures... they're just pulling your chain. Avoid this one at all costs.

souixan said: Fire Emblem, Baten Kaitos 1 & 2 (eternal wings & origins), Metroid prime 1 & 2, Resident evil 4, Skies of Arcadia Legends,Super Smash Bros. Melee, Killer 7, Chibi robo & I ninja were all very nice games. If you pick up Wind Waker keep in mind it has a very different overall feel then Twilight Princess, though it is an amazing game.
Oh, long list, some of the names I never heard. Thanks, I will look the internet what games that all are. Fire Emblem is a turn-based RPG, right? I liked 'Wizardry - Forsaken Land' and the 'Final Fantasy X' for PS2, so I think that could be something for me.

My list of quality Gamecube titles: Eterrnal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Baten Kaitos and the Lost Ocean Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Beyond Good and Evil Soul Calibur II Resident Evil 4 Metroid Prime Metroid Prime Echoes The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Killer 7 Chibi-Robo Animal Crossing amongst many others....

Mnementh said: souixan said: Fire Emblem, Baten Kaitos 1 & 2 (eternal wings & origins), Metroid prime 1 & 2, Resident evil 4, Skies of Arcadia Legends,Super Smash Bros. Melee, Killer 7, Chibi robo & I ninja were all very nice games. If you pick up Wind Waker keep in mind it has a very different overall feel then Twilight Princess, though it is an amazing game. Oh, long list, some of the names I never heard. Thanks, I will look the internet what games that all are. Fire Emblem is a turn-based RPG, right? I liked 'Wizardry - Forsaken Land' and the 'Final Fantasy X' for PS2, so I think that could be something for me.
Well I wouldn't compare Fire Emblem to Final Fantasy at all, but it's the same general face off battle, its just it's also a tactics game. Baten Kaitos is also a RPG but it uses a system with numbered cards and elements Chronos Wind WaterFire etc Using a water based attack/spell will reduce damage from fire abilities used etc. Also the cards are numbered and you're given bonuses for using Pairs straights etc.

SSBM!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )