By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS Announced! (3D!!)

fake

Around the Network
SosusOCR said:
So anymore proof than this one page of Japanese text?

Sorry to sound skeptical but I need a bit more than that before Im jumping up and down

You are not alone. I am thinking I will be a non believer until E3 and if/when they show it.

Games4Fun said:
SosusOCR said:
So anymore proof than this one page of Japanese text?

Sorry to sound skeptical but I need a bit more than that before Im jumping up and down

You are not alone. I am thinking I will be a non believer until E3 and if/when they show it.

Well as skeptical as I am too, it is actually on the Nintendo Japan investor relations page.  Not just something made up here. 

Only issue with me is translation, as even though this is an actual page on Nintendo's site, I don't really know what it says haha.  I'll wait for some major media outlets to talk about it.

Nvm, this is completely confirmed. Here's the major media outlet I was waiting for:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/107/1079233p1.html

wasn't there the video of a DS 3D game using the camera to indicate movement? Maybe this is just a series of games that are like the "touch generation" games?

in any case, if Nintendo invests in portable 3D tech, it can't be bad (virtual boy2? :p)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
wasn't there the video of a DS 3D game using the camera to indicate movement? Maybe this is just a series of games that are like the "touch generation" games?

in any case, if Nintendo invests in portable 3D tech, it can't be bad (virtual boy2? :p)

Well now that this is confirmed, it is indeed a new handheld to be released before the end of the fiscal year 2011 (end of March 2011) and tentatively called Nintend 3DS.  Meaning we can safely assume this is something entirely different than the DS line, although in the same respect, and for numbering purposes, can call it Nintendo Handheld 4 (Gameboy 4, DS2, or stick with their 3DS). 

Zucas said:
Nvm, this is completely confirmed. Here's the major media outlet I was waiting for:

or then yeah a console :p

there was a piece of news recently about a portable tech for multiple depth screens on portable systems... guess nintendo found a cheap and easy to compute alternative.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Zucas said:

Thanks for the confirmation. Now we can commence the holy crapping.

Nintendo sure aren't standing still. Neither are they afraid of high tech with a 3D high powered handheld.

If they're willing to do this, got to make you wonder what they'll do for the next Wii in the tech department.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Wow, this doesn't quite seem like the best idea for a handheld.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hephaestos said:
Zucas said:

or then yeah a console :p

there was a piece of news recently about a portable tech for multiple depth screens on portable systems... guess nintendo found a cheap and easy to compute alternative.

Well it's possible they could be doing that, but really I ahve no idea what to make of it.  I mean its 3 in the morning where I'm at and I just did a quick scan of news and this has completely caught me off guard.  And I guess considering it won't be shown til E3, that I'll be clueless for another 3 months haha.