By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Tonight is the night. History will be made.

GO FLYERS!

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
Tonight is the night. History will be made.

GO FLYERS!

Well, not really history, if they win they would be the 3rd team to ever come back from 3-0.  Still very impressive but not as impressive as the 8th seeded team winning the cup ;)

Closest any team came to winning the cup was 5th seed, I believe that was NJ back in 95 or something like that

Though I hope Boston wins, no offence but I'd feel better playing a team Montreal beat 5/6 in the regular season vs splitting 2 games apiece.. though the Caps and Habs split 2 games apiece in the regular season as well, and where are they now.. ;)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:
Dear Gary Bettman,

We have arranged for the Crosby-Ovechkin rematch you wanted with a slightly revised format.

Tee-off time is Friday at 11AM.

Sincerely,

The Montreal Canadiens

You sir have won the thread!

I'd love to see an "Original 6" Stanley Cup finals matchup between my Blackhawks and either the Habs or B's, but I'd also love to see Hawks vs. Flyers since I'm only an hour from Philly, so I'd have a shot at going to see one of the games.

I'd probably have to pony up a small fortune though... that, and having to deal with a sea of drunken Philly fanatics in my Chelios jersey... ugh!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

FLYERS MAKE HISTORY!!

Down 3 games to nothing? No problem
Down 3-0 early in game 7? No problem
Down to the 3rd and 4th goalies on the roster? No problem
Down to 4 defensmen? No problem

Bring on the Habs.

WOOOT!

Heh, I'd be just as excited as you O-D-C if I was a Flyers fan right now... and this brings my wish of a Hawks-Flyers matchup in the finals so I can (possibly) go to a game one step closer to reality!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Epic fail = Boston bruins. Really. How you can lose four times in row. (they also led last game 3-0 after first period and managed to lose). Congrats to flyers though. I actually hoped that they would win because they have two finnish players against one in Boston. =)

The Boston Bruins choked.

I'm a Chicago Cubs fan and I know a choke job when I see one.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
The Boston Bruins choked.

I'm a Chicago Cubs fan and I know a choke job when I see one.

Heh, I almost feel your pain amp... try being a Jets, Mets, and Nets fan sometime... THEN talk to me about choke jobs lol.

Of course, I think the two ultimate choke jobs of all time are the Yankees blowing a 3-0 series lead to the Red Sox in '04, and of course the Patriots choking and ruining their perfect season in Super Bowl XLIV.  Yeah it sux for the B's that they blew a 3-0 series lead, there's been far worse choke jobs.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:

aww why does the Habs Flyers series have to be on CBC, TSN is way better.

Go Frenchies go!!!