By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 ending *spoilers*

Aldro said:
Adobo said:
geddesmond2 said:
Aldro said:

Kratos has shitloads of brothers since ZEUS is his FATHER,
Hercules is one of them but all sons of Zeus are his brothers.

But people are mistaken when they use the sons of Zeus as his brother(s). They are his brothers when he became a GOD, nothing more. You cant be a god and not be in the family tree. So I wouldnt even call them brothers. More like "brothers".

The brother people talk about is his REAL brother from when he was a child =

Kratos was not an only child, and had, in fact, a brother. However, when they were young, while Kratos was deemed fit and worthy, his brother was deemed weak, sent to the mountains to fend for himself, where he died. Kratos lived on to become legendary, but his brother, coming of age in the Underworld, only had one desire; revenge against the brother that had abandoned him.

Little is known about Kratos' brother as of this moment, although from what it seems, his time in the underworld has made him something demonic in appearance. Although making no actual appearance in God Of War 3, it is heard in one scene where Kratos is referenced as the lesser of two, the exact phrase being "...Perhaps you should have chosen the OTHER one!", which foreshadows the possibility that Kratos's brother may appear later in the series, in ADDITION to the post-credits ending of God Of War III that leaves Kratos's fate ambiguous.

Another interesting thing =

"The forgotten warrior skin" I have it on GoW3 (got the key when I pre-orderd yay). The forgotten warrior might just be his REAL brother. The description fits him aswell. Watch this video from GoW 1 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdIOCVp36uQ

Thats the skin of the way Kratos first looked like when they were still designing the first game. The making of video that came with the first game tells you all about it.

God of Serenity?

Maybe they will use that model for his brother instead?

Nah his brother had devil wings; pretty sure they're going to keep up with that should they continue the story.

Around the Network

Are They hinting at a Epic God Of war 4 Kratos Vs His Brother ? I hope so!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

iuno it really worked for me, ended the story of kratos well, and left his brother open to carry on the legacy of the franchise, theres a lot left in the world, athena is still out there, apollo, and potentially the grave digger(although assumed to be zues). i liked seeing that kratos had a heart, he connected with pandora in a way he did with his daughter, it worked for me.

"even a dead god still dreams"

Kantor said:
libellule said:
luvtospooge said:
libellule said:
BTW, I also believe the "pace" of the game was too slow near the end

I wanted another big fight or surprise or another big arena battle with bigger foe like cyclope or more satyr ...

No it wasn't, in my opinion.

I dont know, it is perhaps me ...

I wanted something else after the scorpion or a BIGGER fight with Zeus himself ...

He fought Zeus four times! Granted, one of those was just wailing on him and covering the screen with blood, but by the end, I was getting sick of Zeus. It was supposed to be slow-paced; a massive arena with cyclopes would have completely ruined the feel.

what about Zeus creating a "surprise" lighting golem to protect him ? THAT would have been awesome !

or bringing back to life to Hercule as a zombie ... I was really waiting a speicla surprise

also, did you get the 2-3 minutes BLOODY screen at the end ? I thought it was a bug...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Kantor said:
libellule said:
luvtospooge said:
libellule said:

I wanted another big fight or surprise or another big arena battle with bigger foe like cyclope or more satyr ...

I wanted something else after the scorpion or a BIGGER fight with Zeus himself ...

He fought Zeus four times! Granted, one of those was just wailing on him and covering the screen with blood, but by the end, I was getting sick of Zeus. It was supposed to be slow-paced; a massive arena with cyclopes would have completely ruined the feel.

what about Zeus creating a "surprise" lighting golem to protect him ? THAT would have been awesome !

or bringing back to life to Hercule as a zombie ... I was really waiting a speicla surprise

also, did you get the 2-3 minutes BLOODY screen at the end ? I thought it was a bug...

I thought that was very clever actually, because you just keep hitting him until you realize that he's been dead for a long time, which is what happens to Kratos, because he keeps hitting Zeus' corpse out of blind rage.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
libellule said:
Kantor said:
libellule said:
luvtospooge said:
libellule said:

I thought that was very clever actually, because you just keep hitting him until you realize that he's been dead for a long time, which is what happens to Kratos, because he keeps hitting Zeus' corpse out of blind rage.

WAIT, because I was REALLY wondering something :

when does the bloody screen stop ? because to me it was just before I hit start to try to "exit" from the game hoping that if I exit then it is like I "forgive" Zeus and that I forgive myself lol (well something like this) ...

Indeed, I didnt exaclty got it when the bloody screen stoped because I didnt realize WHAT made it stop ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Rainbird said:
libellule said:
Kantor said:
libellule said:
luvtospooge said:
libellule said:

when does the bloody screen stop ? because to me it was just before I hit start to try to "exit" from the game hoping that if I exit then it is like I "forgive" Zeus and that I forgive myself lol (well something like this) ...

Indeed, I didnt exaclty got it when the bloody screen stoped because I didnt realize WHAT made it stop ...

I just stopped hitting O after a while and so it stopped.

Rainbird said:
libellule said:
Rainbird said:
libellule said:
Kantor said:
libellule said:
luvtospooge said:
libellule said:

hum, OK

the first time I entered the "pause" menu nothing happened,
so I m guessing, later, when I stopped hitting the O button and just before I hit the "pause" menu a second time, it stopped ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Rainbird said:
libellule said:
Rainbird said:
libellule said:

hum, OK

the first time I entered the "pause" menu nothing happened,
so I m guessing, later, when I stopped hitting the O button and just before I hit the "pause" menu a second time, it stopped ...

That's probably it.

Oh yeah GoW IV!!

Kratos PAWNED his Sibbling!!