By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 ending *spoilers*

Kratos is dead even if there will be another games ambiented in the same universe.

Nothing can go on forever. Know when to say good-bye, unhood the falcon, and let it fly.

Around the Network

Kratos has shitloads of brothers since ZEUS is his FATHER,
Hercules is one of them but all sons of Zeus are his brothers.

But people are mistaken when they use the sons of Zeus as his brother(s). They are his brothers when he became a GOD, nothing more. You cant be a god and not be in the family tree. So I wouldnt even call them brothers. More like "brothers".

The brother people talk about is his REAL brother from when he was a child =

Kratos was not an only child, and had, in fact, a brother. However, when they were young, while Kratos was deemed fit and worthy, his brother was deemed weak, sent to the mountains to fend for himself, where he died. Kratos lived on to become legendary, but his brother, coming of age in the Underworld, only had one desire; revenge against the brother that had abandoned him.

Little is known about Kratos' brother as of this moment, although from what it seems, his time in the underworld has made him something demonic in appearance. Although making no actual appearance in God Of War 3, it is heard in one scene where Kratos is referenced as the lesser of two, the exact phrase being "...Perhaps you should have chosen the OTHER one!", which foreshadows the possibility that Kratos's brother may appear later in the series, in ADDITION to the post-credits ending of God Of War III that leaves Kratos's fate ambiguous.

Another interesting thing =

"The forgotten warrior skin" I have it on GoW3 (got the key when I pre-orderd yay). The forgotten warrior might just be his REAL brother. The description fits him aswell. Watch this video from GoW 1 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdIOCVp36uQ

libellule said:
kinda disapointed by the ending ...

wtf is the "hope weapon" ?

I mean, Kratso cant have hope since he will NEVER have his family come back !

At VERY BEST, he should have killed himself after finishing Zeus ... there was no need about this "hope weapon" ...

yes, that is why he thought pandoras box was empty, hope meant nothing to him. it was buried deep inside him, until he released it with the blade of olympus.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I liked the ending, it was a suitable goodbye to an epic warrior, and he ended up taking his own life, trying to restore some life to the world he had left in chaos.

haxxiy said:

Kratos is dead even if there will be another games ambiented in the same universe.

Nothing can go on forever. Know when to say good-bye, unhood the falcon, and let it fly.

Well said.

The Olympians are gone so it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever even to make another game within this universe, there would be no one to put in it apart from some lower B grade Titans that never made the GOW series.

That would be lame, let this good game go.

Around the Network
jfonty said:
haxxiy said:

Well said.

The Olympians are gone so it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever even to make another game within this universe, there would be no one to put in it apart from some lower B grade Titans that never made the GOW series.

it will be hard, but with good effort, i think i can do it.

Porcupine_I said:
libellule said:
kinda disapointed by the ending ...

wtf is the "hope weapon" ?

I mean, Kratso cant have hope since he will NEVER have his family come back !

At VERY BEST, he should have killed himself after finishing Zeus ... there was no need about this "hope weapon" ...

yes, that is why he thought pandoras box was empty, hope meant nothing to him. it was buried deep inside him, until he released it with the blade of olympus.

.... oh, so it is not really "his hope" for him ... it is an "hope" for everybody ... yeah... I was thinking about it too ... it makes the ending more interesting indeed 

Time to Work !

BTW, I also believe the "pace" of the game was too slow near the end

I wanted another big fight or surprise or another big arena battle with bigger foe like cyclope or more satyr ...

Time to Work !

jfonty said:
haxxiy said:

Well said.

...there are still the Giants though

...but i agree with you. if they make another game, it should be a complete new mythology like Egyptian, or Nordic.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

libellule said:
BTW, I also believe the "pace" of the game was too slow near the end

I wanted another big fight or surprise or another big arena battle with bigger foe like cyclope or more satyr ...

No it wasn't, in my opinion.