By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you hate most about this gen?

What do you hate most about this gen?

Motion controls 20 6.08%

The Wii (& Wii Fit) 52 15.81%

Graphic whoring ( 2 pixe... 84 25.53%

The abysmal PR (including... 22 6.69%

Fanboys (of any kind) 102 31.00%

Other 49 14.89%

Total:329

I put fanboys because I think it should win, but really graphic whoring takes the cake. I just think that graphic whoring is a subset of fanboyism really. I'll just say this, the games with the "best graphics" this gen are not the "best games".

Around the Network

Stupid fanboys are what I hate the most about this gen.

Talking about rehashes of old garbage. JRPGs are at the very top of that list. The good JRPG games this generation we can count on a single hand. The WRPGs have evolved and soared pass the JRPGs in regards to overall game quality.

Final Fantasy XIII was the biggest let down to me this generation. 10 hours of my life wasted on a game that was so tedious and boring. The FF series has gone off the rail since its peak with Final Fantasy VII a very long time ago. Sony CE developed, published and produced FFVII. The quality of the FF series is getting worse.

What AAA game has Square Enix produced recently?

I voted on Graphic whoring beacuse 9 times out of 10 it means the game can be completed in less then 10 hours sometimes even 5 hours.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

i choose graphic whoring, because its a pain in the ass for pussy's to whine like a real bitch, it true

Around the Network

We shouldn't pay for DLC because I believe it's one big scandal.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

We shouldn't pay for DLC because I believe it's one big scandal.

take capcoms RE5 DLC desparate escape is actually desparate for cash

Blind devotion of JRPG gamers and Final Fantasy fans will stand by their beloved Square Enix. It sickens me to the stomach thinking about it. SE only care about money and the lack of quality in the garbage games they have shovelled out has been an insult and slap in the face to gamers.
The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, rehashes of old FF games on the portables. To cap it off the launch of the most over rated and over hyped piece of garbage of a JRPG of all time. Final Fantasy XIII.

Graphic whoring. Final Fantasy XIII fits that bill perfectly. Sure it has good graphics not the best. Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3 and Killzone 2 all have better graphics than Final Fantasy XIII. Besides graphics Final Fantasy XIII has nothing to offer. It is not a game. FFXIII is just 20 to 30 hours of FMV cut scenes broken up with 10 hours of gameplay thrown in and a poor structured story. FFXIII has the plot of a B-Grade movie.

Not enough old style Sega, not enough Japanese quirkiness in games, DLC is just cheating the customer and games are releasing far less frequently than they used to (lack in variety).

Fanboys aren't good either.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Kilzoned82 said:

Blind devotion of JRPG gamers and Final Fantasy fans will stand by their beloved Square Enix. It sickens me to the stomach thinking about it. SE only care about money and the lack of quality in the garbage games they have shovelled out has been an insult and slap in the face to gamers.
The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, rehashes of old FF games on the portables. To cap it off the launch of the most over rated and over hyped piece of garbage of a JRPG of all time. Final Fantasy XIII.

Graphic whoring. Final Fantasy XIII fits that bill perfectly. Sure it has good graphics not the best. Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3 and Killzone 2 all have better graphics than Final Fantasy XIII. Besides graphics Final Fantasy XIII has nothing to offer. It is not a game. FFXIII is just 20 to 30 hours of FMV cut scenes broken up with 10 hours of gameplay thrown in and a poor structured story. FFXIII has the plot of a B-Grade movie.

more like a soap opera