By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you hate most about this gen?

What do you hate most about this gen?

Motion controls 20 6.08%

The Wii (& Wii Fit) 52 15.81%

Graphic whoring ( 2 pixe... 84 25.53%

The abysmal PR (including... 22 6.69%

Fanboys (of any kind) 102 31.00%

Other 49 14.89%

Total:329

For me, the absolute worst things this generation are:

- DLC

- Achievements/Trophies

- Worthless Collector's Edition Games

- Obsessive online Multiplayer Games

Around the Network

Fanboys. Masive Internet access has exacerbated this problem.

There are a lot of reasons to hate the gaming industry,but, fanboys are the worst of the worst.

The lack of stand out games this generation. More or less the same game rehashed looking at you Killzone 2, Modern Warfare 1 & 2, Gears of War 1 & 2, Call of Duty games, Battlefield games, Halo games and all of those other shooter games, boring and cliche' JRPGs with little improvement from last generation.

DRM with PC games and activation codes has actually lead to an increase is piracy of games. PC games lacking dedicated servers.

Fanboyism and graphics. People comparing the 2 Final Fantasys on PS3 and X360 are stupid. Just play your game, graphics doesn't matter at all. Nintendo proved it.

And also, calling the Wii a non-competitor from MS and Sony. The Wii is a competitor as far as Nintendo is concerned, because Nintendo compete directly with them and even they can come up with more interesting ideas than Sony can. I mean, it is easy to follow the technology, but they are TONS of way to insert motion controls in a game. They can make more and more beautiful graphics, but the lenght of the game suffers because graphics eats everything. Look at God of War... 12 hours. Heavy Rain.... 10 hours. You pay 70$ to be amazed for 10 hours, good for you.

That's why Sony comes up with a Motion Controller. But fans are still praising it, although they copied all the way the WiiMote (they could have made a different design)

Also, it made me sick that third party games aren't working on Wii. There must be a solution. Hope Monster Hunter 3 breaks the tradition.

Around the Network

I choose Graphic Whoring !

The Xbox 360 and PS3 produce near identical graphics.

To suggest otherwise means you are a deluded fanboy.

nen-suer said:
Raze said:
actually, I change my mind - Metacritic. ABSOLUTELY useless.

He said this gen

.... ? Metacritic is still widely used for review scores in the current gen. lol wtfbbq?

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

DRM and DLC

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

DRM and DLC

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Damnyouall said:

DRM and DLC

Beat me to it. DLC that unlocks disc content really pisses me the hell off.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d