By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you hate most about this gen?

What do you hate most about this gen?

Motion controls 20 6.08%

The Wii (& Wii Fit) 52 15.81%

Graphic whoring ( 2 pixe... 84 25.53%

The abysmal PR (including... 22 6.69%

Fanboys (of any kind) 102 31.00%

Other 49 14.89%

Total:329

1. GOTY Editions. (makes the previous version games that i own feel inferior like instead of buying day 1 i should just wait incase they make a GOTY version lol)

2. MS/360 Fanboys (I didnt know any type of fanboys exist til I encountered my first fanboy(s) which was a group of MS/360 fanboy). MS/360 fans are different, they're very cool and chill, and i enjoy talking to them.

Around the Network

- People forgetting that games are supposed to be fun, and not to start petty wars around them.

- People with vendettas that arise exclusively from double standards, A.K.A, hating on any particular game for any X number of reasons you could find in any game he/she loves.

Edit - I also forgot to add the missplaced disparity of opinions between JRPG's and WRPG's. It seems that nowadays JRPG's on consoles can't win no matter how much they change or improve, because people just want WRPG's, even though most WRPG's are basically the same thing that they were on PC's for the past decades. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I went with Other. All of those things are good options but more recently I've been noticing how devs have been taking very well established franchises that suit a certain group of gamers' interests and then change them into something that a broader audience can enjoy at the cost of losing what made that franchise so endeared to many who liked it in the first place. In my opinion some examples of this are Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Burnout, Splinter Cell, and Call of Duty.

V-r0cK said:

2. MS/360 Fanboys (I didnt know any type of fanboys exist til I encountered my first fanboy(s) which was a group of MS/360 fanboy). MS/360 fans are different, they're very cool and chill, and i enjoy talking to them.

lolwut. So why do you hate them?

Graphics whores and fanboys.
Most notably, the realistic race type of fans, who encompass both of those aspects.
But it was always like that, not just this gen.

But other than that, this gen is great.
Classic old school gaming is making a great comeback.

Around the Network

fucking graphic whore hypocrites

The_God_of_War said:
V-r0cK said:

I was a youngin' and started to work at the video game department at my local Futureshop (Bestbuy owned/equivalent).  There were like 10 workers (including myself age ranged from 17-30) at the gaming department, and of the workers there was only one PS3 owner and all others owned an Xbox360. 

At the time i didnt own any next gen console so i was open to everything.  And everytime i worked with the 1 PS3 owner/worker all the other workers would start making fun of his PS3 and bashin him, so i'd try to defend him so he wont feel alone and try to put some positive inputs of the PS3.  I never said the PS3 was better but just saying that the PS3 is also a good system, and then they started targetting me too cause I only owned a PS2.  So the two of us ended up being the "Sony lovers" when we worked there, and everytime i started my shift there'd always be a 360 worker making fun of me.  (At that time the PS3 was still pricey and didnt have alot of games so you can guess the type of PS3 criticism i'd hear).

Horrible experience, but thank goodness my best friend is a 360 'fan' and shows me how real 360 fans are suppose to be.     

1- Fanhaters
2- Biased reviewers
3- DLC that's already on disk (seriously WTH! )
4- People who buy games for trophies/achievements
5- Too many good games too little time (not sure if that's bad or good)
6- Need more Quality JRPGs on home consoles

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

V-r0cK said:
The_God_of_War said:
V-r0cK said:

I was a youngin' and started to work at the video game department at my local Futureshop (Bestbuy owned/equivalent).  There were like 10 workers (including myself age ranged from 17-30) at the gaming department, and of the workers there was only one PS3 owner and all others owned an Xbox360. 

At the time i didnt own any next gen console so i was open to everything.  And everytime i worked with the 1 PS3 owner/worker all the other workers would start making fun of his PS3 and bashin him, so i'd try to defend him so he wont feel alone and try to put some positive inputs of the PS3.  I never said the PS3 was better but just saying that the PS3 is also a good system, and then they started targetting me too cause I only owned a PS2.  So the two of us ended up being the "Sony lovers" when we worked there, and everytime i started my shift there'd always be a 360 worker making fun of me.  (At that time the PS3 was still pricey and didnt have alot of games so you can guess the type of PS3 criticism i'd hear).

Horrible experience, but thank goodness my best friend is a 360 'fan' and shows me how real 360 fans are suppose to be.     

I see. I was confused there, I didn't notice you said "fans" instead of "fanboys" the second time, my reading comprehension failed me

bored!