By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you hate most about this gen?

What do you hate most about this gen?

Motion controls 20 6.08%

The Wii (& Wii Fit) 52 15.81%

Graphic whoring ( 2 pixe... 84 25.53%

The abysmal PR (including... 22 6.69%

Fanboys (of any kind) 102 31.00%

Other 49 14.89%

Total:329

Fanboys. Chop em up and eat em.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
The_God_of_War said:

I see. I was confused there, I didn't notice you said "fans" instead of "fanboys" the second time, my reading comprehension failed me

loll its all good

Xbox 360 Fans that believe the console is selling the most consoles and is completely superior to the Wii and PS3, LOLWHAT!?

First Person Shooters.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Faboys, in my humble opinion, are only second to the overwhelming emphasis on graphics over gameplay.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

-Complete loss of the use for reviews
-Incredible hype for mediocre games
-Past franschises, run into the ground
-Gaming pidgeonholed into only 3 or 4 genres (FPS/Action/mini-game/sports)
-Graphics taking reign over EVERYTHING
-More Attempts to nickel & dime customers (DRM,DLC, increased prices, overpriced accessories, PS Home)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I voted for graphics whoring, but I'm also not liking the hateboyism but I wasn't big into the gaming community before this gen so maybe it's always been there.

Something a little more complex I'm not liking is the abandonment of "realism". Now I don't mean realism as in realism in the terms of the laws of nature of our existence, but each game sets it's own laws of nature which define it's realism. When a game seems to set that realism, and then contradict it, it throws me off, and completely removes immersion for me. Best known example, Uncharted 2. So much in the game defies it's own definition of realism (especially since in large degrees it attempt to mirror our own reality) that I couldn't enjoy the game. I know I'm very alone in this thought/idea, especially in regards to Uncharted 2, but it really bothers me when I encounter this.

I can't remember the other games this happened for me with, but it's completely new this gen, it's never happened before.

All fanboys!

actually, I change my mind - Metacritic. ABSOLUTELY useless.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:
actually, I change my mind - Metacritic. ABSOLUTELY useless.

He said this gen

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I put fanboys - but my actual choice would be timed exclusives and timed DLC - I think it stinks for the gamers whether MS do it or Sony do it to feel they have to wait for the sake of some global companies insane belief this makes their platform 'better'. Also I think it's actually hurt some games and content in demand as well which also doesn't help the industry as a whole either.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...