By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you hate most about this gen?

What do you hate most about this gen?

Motion controls 20 6.08%

The Wii (& Wii Fit) 52 15.81%

Graphic whoring ( 2 pixe... 84 25.53%

The abysmal PR (including... 22 6.69%

Fanboys (of any kind) 102 31.00%

Other 49 14.89%

Total:329
RareglovE said:
antfromtashkent said:
RareglovE said:
antfromtashkent said:
I hate the exclucive losses. Before it was no this bad..... once in a while you get overlaps but now its out of controll

you have to thank M$ for that. thanks too them and their big wallets

lol SHHHHHHHHHH!!! r u flame retardant?

no iam not, i jus like too present my point, how can one deny that this gen sony is lossing their exclusive because of M$. it true the facts are in front of us nice and clear is jus that many choose not to see it, or rather give a blind eye to it.

You can say that...or you can say that developers want more money and they chose to be on the console to get more sales.... Im sure that MS payed off for some games (GTA DLC wich they openly admitted) but you cant say that universally..... It could be the developes just wanthe game to be on as many systems as possible...

Edit: Plus Sony did a pretty good job of loosing some exclusives w/o the help of MS (Assasins) ;)

Around the Network

FPS and the People who play them

WHY do you support such crap?
Stop it....RPGs,games with Story of any kind(no story is not USA destroys everything) > FPS

Other: Dumbing down of games.

A lot of good PC games were bad because they got dumbed down for the HD systems. A lot of good games that could have been awesome on the HD systems were bad on the Wii. Because of the HD systems some Wii games were also dumbed down.

There was a whole lot of dumbing down going all around and every which way!

Runner up is the shitty DRM and even worse, "DLC" which a community of a game with modding tools would be able to churn out faster than any publishing company, and with greater quality too!

SubSenix said:

FPS and the People who play them

WHY do you support such crap?
Stop it....RPGs,games with Story of any kind(no story is not USA destroys everything) > FPS

It's not crap and I completly disagree.

DLC and unfinished products. I know games are expensive to make, but there are so many games lacking quality when they release and need patches. Also, there are many games getting DLC even on release or 2 weeks later. That is not good for the consumer.

Around the Network

I voted graphic whoring, but I'm pretty annoyed with this FPS obsession going about at the moment. Why do people need more than 1 FPS /year? Alright, I'll accept that MW2 and BC2 are definitely worth getting, but why release any other ones?

Also the way that some people never shut up about said games: I can't wait until I hear about some chav walking into a Fish and Chip shop and go

"oh wow you're selling COD - what's your K/D? Hurhur hur"

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Lack of decent Mortal Kombat games

forums..

although I use them daily I can't help but think, that I was happier back then, when I didn't use them/they didn't exist

Lafiel said:
forums..

although I use them daily I can't help but think, that I was happier back then, when I didn't use them/they didn't exist

I kind of agree with this, I mean I know more about the games and am really excited when a game that I've been looking forward to comes out. But then there are other times where the hype ("Best game EVAR!") puts the expectations so high I'm let down when I play (Most notably MGS4, Killzone 2 and Fable 2).

not enough final fantasy