By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The HeartGold/SoulSilver Pokemon Team Thread!

I'm scared to fight them...

I need someone to hold my hand before I do this.

(Or I could just save before I go... nah.)

Around the Network

Right before the elite 4.

Feraligatr lv 55
Lugia lv 46
Nidoking lv 44
Pidgeot lv 43
Ampharos lv 43
Ursaring lv 36

Do you think this is good enough or should I keep training?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Gonna have a flashback squad if I decide to get the game. Would feel strange playing Heart Gold without my old Gold squad. Not putting in the sprites (or whatever you call them). Seeing as Im in the UK gonna list their starter forms as I dont have the game yet.
Totodile
Sentret
Togepi
Mareep
Wooper
HootHoot

If sometime in the future I decide to get SoulSilver aswell might have a bit more adventurous squad but havent decided on that yet. Seeing as I dont go on WiFi not really too bothered about the hardcore strategies

I started a new file. It took me over 4 hours to breed these pokemon from Diamond, and to put them into SS.

Cyndaquil(Jake), Chikorita, Totodile, Gastly, Yanma, Eevee(will become a Jolteon)

All level 1!! :3

Smeags said:
supermario128 said:
Smeags said:
What's the best way to train before going into Mt. Silver? I'd rather not go into there with mid 50's level Pokemon.

I always used to go through the  Pokemon league over and over agian. I beat it over 200 times on my original Silver version. lol

That's true, but I think that with HeartGold/SoulSilver... after you beat them they get a lot better (according to Bulbapedia they now have six pokemon starting in their 60's. And that's just Will. )

I think I can challenge the Gym leaders again though (they get better too, but not by much... well, except for Gary). It's just pretty tedious to do...

No worries Smeags... The 2 in the eliete 4 you have to worry about are Will and Karen. In Soul Silver even the champions pokemon are only like lvl 51-53 at the most.As long as you have a good team you should be ok.. You truthfully need to worry about the Kanto Gym leaders. 

Brawl Code- 3179-6370-3098 Name:Richi   

Mk Code-3480-4494-2675 Name:Richi

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Boutros said:

Where do you get all these little gifs?!

You can find a lot of Gif sprites at Bulbapedia. Not all of 'em are gifs though... someone might have a better answer for you.

I use

http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/list/all/

My Team

Meganium

Typlosion

Feraligator

Jirachi

Dragonite

And the last one is Random depending on the situaion.

Okay, so I believe that I have everyone down who has the game so far! Looking good guys!

Also, I figured out that you can rechallenge the gym leaders as many times as you want, as long as its during their time frame to battle. I'll be able to take on the new-and-improved Elite Four (and Red soon after that) in no time! (Everyone's currently at Lv. 58)

I decided to take my Machamp with me instead of Ursaring. Didn't even use him in the league any way though. I breezed through it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:
I decided to take my Machamp with me instead of Ursaring. Didn't even use him in the league any way though. I breezed through it.

Welcome to Kanto my friend.