Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will never catch the the 360 now. Wii won a long time ago.

Who cares????!! I Just wanna play games. btw i heard Microsoft Is coming out wit a 360slim...so they using sony's "trump" cards too.



Around the Network

Cool story, bro.



P.S. I disagree on a few points, but people already mentioned them, so I can't be bothered.



Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

SaviorX said:
You guys do know this is his OPINION right?
Opinions can be wrong, but maybe, just maybe, he feels those games are generic, as in, done to death.

And I just used too many commas.........

But the fact he states in his opinion Natal and Move will essentially cancel each other out and provide no advantage yet the PS3 outsells the 360 by 50k right now and still has a $100 wiggle room for large price reduction bump.......yet still makes this deduction claim, the "its his opinion" argument flies right out the window.



theprof00 said:
jarrod said:
theprof00 said:
Bamboleo said:
By generic games he may mean "not novelties" since GoW3 its not properly a new IP that can be a system seller.

And don't understimate the power of Gran Turismo 5, which is more system seller then Halo Reach.

yeah but gow3 and gt5 are all the first next-gen sequels. That is a big difference compared to the soon to be third halo 360 game.

I wouldn't call ODST a full sequel.  It's more like GT5 Prologue in a weird way actually.

I just meant that ODST was not a "first" next-gen iteration. It was preceeded by Halo 3, and is followed by Reach. Although they are not sequels, there is already a next-gen Halo game prior to their release.

Well, to be fair there are were "next-gen iterations" in GT5P and GOW Collection too.  GT5 and GOW3 won't be the first time either franchise has stepped foot on PS3.



SaviorX said:
You guys do know this is his OPINION right?
Opinions can be wrong, but maybe, just maybe, he feels those games are generic, as in, done to death.

And I just used too many commas.........

this isn't gamefaqs or 4chan. Threads here should have some actual basis, not convuluted, openly interpretive statements. This is FUD, and flamebait and against the rules. I'm not going to report it because he's new, but this isn't the place to make wild statements for the sake of fun or intrigue.



Around the Network

but i believe if microsoft surely release 360 slim then it will be difficult for sony to beat 360



jarrod said:
theprof00 said:
jarrod said:
theprof00 said:
Bamboleo said:
By generic games he may mean "not novelties" since GoW3 its not properly a new IP that can be a system seller.

And don't understimate the power of Gran Turismo 5, which is more system seller then Halo Reach.

yeah but gow3 and gt5 are all the first next-gen sequels. That is a big difference compared to the soon to be third halo 360 game.

I wouldn't call ODST a full sequel.  It's more like GT5 Prologue in a weird way actually.

I just meant that ODST was not a "first" next-gen iteration. It was preceeded by Halo 3, and is followed by Reach. Although they are not sequels, there is already a next-gen Halo game prior to their release.

Well, to be fair there are were "next-gen iterations" in GT5P and GOW Collection too.  GT5 and GOW3 won't be the first time either franchise has stepped foot on PS3.

Oh true, I forgot about gt5p. However, GoW3 is an actual next-gen game and the first of it's kind on the system. The other two are akin to PSN downloads. That's like saying ff13 isn't anything new because ff7 +8 are on PSN. Or the SMG isn't either etc etc. Better to be concise than broaden the meaning. GoW3 is the first of the franchise to be developed specifically for the next-gen system, unlike the newer halos. Happy? :P



theprof00 said:
SaviorX said:
You guys do know this is his OPINION right?
Opinions can be wrong, but maybe, just maybe, he feels those games are generic, as in, done to death.

And I just used too many commas.........

this isn't gamefaqs or 4chan. Threads here should have some actual basis, not convuluted, openly interpretive statements. This is FUD, and flamebait and against the rules. I'm not going to report it because he's new, but this isn't the place to make wild statements for the sake of fun or intrigue.


What exactly did he say that was wild? The only thing that didn't make sense to me were those two words, "generic games". That seems to be what people are up in arms over.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

jedians said:
but i believe if microsoft surely release 360 slim then it will be difficult for sony to beat 360

Agreed. But the biggest thing that spurred PS3 slim sales was the drop from $400 to $300, not asthetics. MSFT doesnt have the wiggle room on price really.



SaviorX said:
theprof00 said:
SaviorX said:
You guys do know this is his OPINION right?
Opinions can be wrong, but maybe, just maybe, he feels those games are generic, as in, done to death.

And I just used too many commas.........

this isn't gamefaqs or 4chan. Threads here should have some actual basis, not convuluted, openly interpretive statements. This is FUD, and flamebait and against the rules. I'm not going to report it because he's new, but this isn't the place to make wild statements for the sake of fun or intrigue.


What exactly did he say that was wild? The only thing that didn't make sense to me were those two words, "generic games". That seems to be what people are up in arms over.

Did you read my quote? He said natal and Move will not bump sales yet the 360 is being outsold by 50k per week by a console priced $100 higher, thus logically, if no bump from Natal in his rationalization plus the inevitable PS3 drop before the end of the generation to sub $200 his deduction is ridiculous and unsubstantiated based on his own reasoning.