By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will never catch the the 360 now. Wii won a long time ago.

Did you just call Halo Reach and GOW3 generic 0_o

Around the Network

Don't underestimate anyone right now...something could happen that would shift things a bunch

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Honestly, are people forgeting that PS3 is still 299? There's more space to cut the price lol, the PS3 is still the most expensive console out there! I find shocking that almost no one remember this simple fact. BTW, I'm not saying it will/wont surpass other consoles in terms of sales.

What if PS3 cuts price again ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

70% of console total sales happen in the 200$ price range. Keep up the good work, gumshoe.

Around the Network

GOW3 is generic has it is basically GOW2 with better graphics. GT5 is GT4 with better graphics but it may hopefully bring something new to the table, but I doubt it - nothing new and they appeal to the exact same crowd as the last generation.

Games like NSMB, Wii Sports Resort, Nintendogs, Wii Fit are NOT generic....they are new styles that appeal to new gamers hence the reason all the Nintendo games I mentioned will sell well over 20 million, possibly 30 million.....wheras GOW3 will be about 4 million as it has no appeal to new gamers.

Same goes for Halo Reach...you will run around shooting things with good graphics...basically Halo 3 with better graphics. The only people interested in Halo Reach are the exact same ones who bout Halo 3....your generic gamer who never changes.

If you can get sales of 30 million, then you know you are no longer generic.

By generic games he may mean "not novelties" since GoW3 its not properly a new IP that can be a system seller.

And don't understimate the power of Gran Turismo 5, which is more system seller then Halo Reach.

Hammertime said:
GOW3 is generic has it is basically GOW2 with better graphics. GT5 is GT4 with better graphics but it may hopefully bring something new to the table, but I doubt it - nothing new and they appeal to the exact same crowd as the last generation.

Games like NSMB, Wii Sports Resort, Nintendogs, Wii Fit are NOT generic....they are new styles that appeal to new gamers hence the reason all the Nintendo games I mentioned will sell well over 20 million, possibly 30 million.....wheras GOW3 will be about 4 million as it has no appeal to new gamers.

dude you are embarassing yourself. Just stop now. Everything in gow3 is different from before. You do NOT know what you are talking about, so just leave or ask a mod to lock your own thread. The only purpose this thread currently serves is to show everyone how (biased*?) ridiculous you are.

Plus, ps3 has been outselling 360 by an average of 50k per week since Jan and is in a supply SHORTAGE, against a 200$ system!

To be honest, only one other poster in this thread really understand what the word 'generic' actually means.

Vanbierk said:
Don't underestimate anyone right now...something could happen that would shift things a bunch

Pretty much this.  Absolutely no one saw Nintendo taking over this generation, not even Nintendo themselves.  Hell, most analysts and 3rd party publishers still refuse to believe it. ;)