By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will never catch the the 360 now. Wii won a long time ago.

ps3 WILL overtake 360. ps3 WONT overtake the wii. lol thats an impossibility. i really doubt the 360 has what it takes to go head to head with the ps3. we're already starting to see it and the ps3 is still expensive for most people.

Around the Network

It's obvious that the wii has already won. However, as for PS3 vs 360, the war is still far from over. Sony doesn't really need any trump cards, it is outselling the 360 currently. As for system sellers, they are just a temporary boost now that both consoles already have a solid game library. I guess the main deciding factor on whether the PS3 will catch up on the 360 will be the success of failure of Natal.

jarrod said:
Final-Fan said:
jarrod said:
And no, Natal's not been overwhelmingly received, and there's lots of questions and behind the scenes skepticism.  But even at this early stage with no formal games announced, it's still had a far more positive response than Move.  The hype's on Microsoft's side, it has been since last E3 even, and it's really "their game to lose" among the HD motion interfaces.

From a very casual perspective (meaning not too much attention paid to either side of the new motion controls), I've heard the main criticism of Move is "it's a total ripoff of the Wii, possibly inferior", while the main criticism of Natal is "it'll never work and if it does no one will want to develop for it". 

Both are damning, but Natal's criticism is much more concerning from a practical standpoint.  IMO.  If I've heard the mutterings correctly. 

Core criticisms aren't core response though.  The mainstream media's approached Natal as "new" and imaginative, while they've cast Move as "redundant" and an imitation. Natal's most definitely gotten a more positive response at this point, and we still know next to nothing about it compared to Move. :/

Of course the lack of information could be part of it, Microsoft's selling Natal to the media a lot on faith and their stagecraft is unrivaled (both Sony and Nintendo could learn some lessons there).

That may be, but hype and buzz won't save a product. 
IF the criticisms of Move are true, then Sony is guilty of shamelessly copying Nintendo (again) and the PS3 can expect a lot of crappy Wii ports. 
IF the criticisms of Natal are true, then it will either limp off the market (after a strong start due to hype) or just be a very niche product. 

Which one has worse consequences for the success/failure of the motion control system in question? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

if ps3 catches the 360 in the american market which it was very close this month then catching up could be very real