By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will never catch the the 360 now. Wii won a long time ago.

I still find it funny that no one seems to take into account that the XBox 360 came out much earlier...what's left is mostly just that earlier release gap, and they had to release early because their previous XBox was dying off and they ended support and it became like a brick pretty quickly after the 360's release

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network
Vanbierk said:
I still find it funny that no one seems to take into account that the XBox 360 came out much earlier...what's left is mostly just that earlier release gap, and they had to release early because their previous XBox was dying off and they ended support and it became like a brick pretty quickly after the 360's release

Even so, it is impressive that it is still outselling ps3 in america despite being 5 years old, and one year older. Generally, systems peak in the 3rd year and slow down after that, but ps3 is losing footing in North America every week, unfortunately for Sony. While I disagree with how MS handles the xbox brand, they must be doing something right.

CGI-Quality said:
This thread shouldn't continue to exist. It's apparent from the first sentence what the intention was.

Oh please, there's literally nothing controversial in the OP, and the discussion's moved past that anyway.  This thread's like 1000 times more engaging and worthwhile than yet another "guess GOW3/GT5/FFXIII/HeavyRain/etc sales" thread that been clogging up the forum.

CGI-Quality said:

By the Fall though, the battle will be heavy in NA, with Natal + Reach, & Move + GT5 being the BIG factors on software & hardware sales. Of course, Microsoft could do a $50 price drop on all models and make the battle even heavier.

A Chinese manufacturer leak has more or less confirmed we're getting a 360 slim this year also.  The same source also leaked PSP-2000 and PS3 slim board revisions ahead of time...

CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
This thread shouldn't continue to exist. It's apparent from the first sentence what the intention was.

Oh please, there's literally nothing controversial in the OP, and the discussion's moved past that anyway.  This thread's like 1000 times more engaging and worthwhile than yet another "guess GOW3/GT5/FFXIII/HeavyRain/etc sales" thread that been clogging up the forum.

Hmmmm......

"PS3 has played all their trump cards almost (slim, price reduction) and only have one left - GT5. GOW3 etc will sell 4 million but they will not be system sellers as people who want these generic games already have a PS3, same goes for Halo Reach on the 360....it will selll 10 milllion but won't push systems for more than a week or 2.

Right.............nothing controversial in the slightest. It's really a shame that people in the community think this is ok, but oh well.

Someone finds your holy cows generic.  Welcome to the internet.

I'm not seeing the controversy here.  People say this stuff all the time, about all games. If you really think this warrants thread closing, well thank fuck you're NOT a mod...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmmm......

"PS3 has played all their trump cards almost (slim, price reduction) and only have one left - GT5. GOW3 etc will sell 4 million but they will not be system sellers as people who want these generic games already have a PS3, same goes for Halo Reach on the 360....it will selll 10 milllion but won't push systems for more than a week or 2.

Right.............nothing controversial in the slightest. It's really a shame that people in the community think this is ok, but oh well.

I'm not seeing the controversy here.  People say this stuff all the time, about all games.

Do you know what controversy means? If it didn't cause any, why has this thread gone on to attract so many posts? Hint: it isn't because the OP was nice and rosey.

Sorry, I should've specified nothing controversial to rational adults.  If you think otherwise, you really need a thicker skin.

jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmmm......

I'm not seeing the controversy here.  People say this stuff all the time, about all games.

Do you know what controversy means? If it didn't cause any, why has this thread gone on to attract so many posts? Hint: it isn't because the OP was nice and rosey.

Sorry, I should've specified nothing controversial to rational adults.  If you think otherwise, you really need a thicker skin.

What is being argued here? I agree that if someone is going to post an OP like that, they are going to get flamed and jeered. OP has nobody to blame but himself, IMO doesn't cut it. Next time, he should word his OP so that it is actually reasonable and thought out. Not just him talking to the internet.

theprof00 said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmmm......

What is being argued here? I agree that if someone is going to post an OP like that, they are going to get flamed and jeered. OP has nobody to blame but himself, IMO doesn't cut it. Next time, he should word his OP so that it is actually reasonable and thought out. Not just him talking to the internet.

What's being argued here is wether or not the thread should be closed.  I probably went too far with "nothing controversial", what I really should've said is "nothing controversial enough to warrant closing".

CGI has this habit of attacking motivations rather than the arguments themselves, and it takes discussions personal.  He's done it to me before, and he's doing it here.  Nothing's more tired than pulling the bias card...

is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's the banhammer, hopefully

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I think the generation is still up for grabs in all positions.

With the 360 and PS3 getting motion controls that will put massive pressure on Nintendo. Arguably Nintendo is in the most difficult position. They don't have HD gaming and the third party AAA support isn't great - No Final Fantasy, no GTA, no BioShock, no Tekken, no Fallout, no Dragon Age, etc.

Nintendo still has price to work with, but, so does Microsoft and Sony. By the end of this year the landscape of sales may completely change for all three companies... I see scenarios where any of the three can drop and I can see scenarios where any of the three can rise.

To me Nintendo looks to have the most difficult road ahead simply because the graphical and AI capabilities of the system cannot match either 360 or PS3. And third parties haven't shown a lot of AAA support to Nintendo.

My prediction is: the places for WW weekly sales at the end of this holiday season will be the final places at the end of the generation. Today, without knowing the holiday lineup, it is impossible to predict. Microsoft still hasn't revealed anything for the holiday other then Halo and Fable, Sony probably hasn't revealed all their games, and Nintendo hasn't said a word.

E3 will be the first opportunitiy for accurate holiday predictions.