By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 too early for GOTY ?

mOeR-rpGee said:
dany612 said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid other M, Zelda Wii

just wow.

Agreed, three awesome contenders but I would put Other M as the least likely just because it's still a bit of an unknown quantity at this point.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Hold your Chocobos buddy. It is way too early for this because there are already great contenders out, and a long list of great games that are still coming.

Lmao.

Well RPG of the year anyways. Atleast on gamerankings it has the highest rated score out of all RPGs reviewed. Ever.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
Well RPG of the year anyways. Atleast on gamerankings it has the highest rated score out of all RPGs reviewed. Ever.

which is sad because it dropped most of its rpg elements from the first one. dragon age is the better rpg from bioware.

Bioware has already stasted the third one will have more RPG elements.

Personally from my experience with ME2 as long as I have the dialogue/be a jerk or save the world choices It's enough RPG for me to swallow.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Bioware has already stasted the third one will have more RPG elements.

Personally from my experience with ME2 as long as I have the dialogue/be a jerk or save the world choices It's enough RPG for me to swallow.

well i want my rpgs to be rpgs. not some dumbed down, skined alive hybrid that is having an identity crysis.

mOeR-rpGee said:
MonstaMack said:

which is sad because it dropped most of its rpg elements from the first one. dragon age is the better rpg from bioware.

I agree with this statement. If they make DA 2 like ME2's integration minus the half and half it will be the better franchise. DA:O is already better than ME1. ME2 was a hell of a lot of fun, but not because of the mechanics, in fact the mechanics made me like it a bunch less.

Gamers tend to remember good games better than movie critics remember good movies. Most "best picture" candidates are released in Nov-Dec because Academy members (average age of 85 or so) have too short a memory to nominate an awesome pic from 10 months earlier. But gamers have never had much trouble with that - remember RE4 was an early year release, too. That means ME2 is definately a candidate for GOTY.

HOWEVER...

The industries biggest season is in Nov-Dec. Most studios plan to release their very best games at that time in order to maximize sales (another way games differ from films - people actually buy most of the GOTY candidates, were most Best Picture flicks struggle to find an audience). That means there will be a ton of great games coming out to compete with it. Hell, just the prospect of new Metroid, Mario and Zelda from Nintendo

Good luck against Nintendo's Holy Trinity.

After playing GOW3 I still say that Mass Effect 2 is the better game. GOW3 is good but the story really lacks, great cinematics and good action, a little short and the graphics at times feels like I'm playing a PS2 game.