By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 too early for GOTY ?

Completely agree! MGS4 and Mass Effect 2 offer a single player experience far beyond anything else this gen.

My Eyes!!! The Goggles Do Nothing!!!

Around the Network

Mass Effect 2 is a great game. Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game so far this year as well. However, we are only three months into the year so far.

it'll be either zelda smg2 or haloR

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I say Starcraft 2, Mass Effect 2, or Zelda Wii. As Mass Effect is the only one to come out yet, it's winning for me. Overall, I predict Zelda Wii. If Crysis 2 comes out this year, it might win. Same with Diablo III, but we all know that D3 is coming out in 2016, so I'm not going to count it. :P

P.S. Another strong contender is Mario Galaxy 2.

P.P.S. As other people have mentioned, there will be several GOTYs. Last year for me was Dragon Age, but everyone else said

"Uncharted 2 is teh best game evur. Ur just mad it's not on ur PC and u can't play it becuz teh ps3 is awesome and PC has no good gamezz. Lol Nurd fagget"

and yes, I do get that a lot. (No disrespect meant to ps3 owners (I am one myself) or Uncharted 2 lovers (I am not one). Just summarizing the general internet's intelligence level).

Oh yea, I'm forgetting Portal 2. If it's not Starcraft 2 then it will probably be Portal 2.

Around the Network

If the technical achievement that is Mass Effect2 isnt GOTY contender.......Than I dont know what is!!

Portal 2 =)

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

I think it has a really good chance to.  When this year is over I think it will all come down between Halo: Reach and Mass Effect.

naw, God of war 3 and Halo Reach will Be stealing all the GOTY's

/Forgotten

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

As far as the reviews go its

1. Mass Effect 2

2.GOW3

3.Bayonetta

Hypothetically, if we were to count the year as ending off to this day  then the GOTY would obviously be Mass Effect 2 judging by the reviews......but there are far more AAA games that will be fighting for this as well....The only GOTY award that I believe that ME2 has in the bag is the metacritics one because I dont see any game being equal to or surpassing a 96 average this year (not even SMG2)

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!