By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs Forza 3 Sceenshot Comparison... Can You Tell The Diffrence?

Hyruken said:

Both look great in my book. The difference is Forza 3 plays great too. 92 meta score, no GT game has got above that since the greatest of racing games GT3. We will see if GT5 not only looks great but plays great, and playing great is what i hope for the most.

However i think GT5 colors look wrong in some places, it is too shiney and thus can tell it is a computer game.

Which is funny because of the comparisons people seem to have put down a lot of Forza pics as GT pics when they are not. Like the Ferrari pic, it isn't ferrari red, it looks a bit deeper red. Which as pointed out above a lot of people thought was Forza 3!

GT plays well to it's audience, hardcore racing fans.

Forza plays well to its audience - Xbox teens and wannabe 'Journalists'

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
fighter said:
imo sim fans will prefer 60fps, great online features and great physics over better graphics

it was understood that gt5 had better screenshots since years now, i would have prefered another criteria than that in this vs.

Please don't tell me you're trying to imply that FM3 does the mentioned features better than GT5.

Does GT5 run at a locked 60 frames per second, or not?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

BBH said:
Hyruken said:

Both look great in my book. The difference is Forza 3 plays great too. 92 meta score, no GT game has got above that since the greatest of racing games GT3. We will see if GT5 not only looks great but plays great, and playing great is what i hope for the most.

However i think GT5 colors look wrong in some places, it is too shiney and thus can tell it is a computer game.

Which is funny because of the comparisons people seem to have put down a lot of Forza pics as GT pics when they are not. Like the Ferrari pic, it isn't ferrari red, it looks a bit deeper red. Which as pointed out above a lot of people thought was Forza 3!

Wow that is major untrue.

Forza is the hardcore racing community.....You do know Forza is a simulation game right? And in that game you have massive customizable things that not even previous GT's can get close to? Not only that but you can design your own cars?

I am a massive GT fan, but more then that i am a massive racing fan. Like every other racing fan i don't feel loyalty to one brand. 

ZenfoldorVGI said:
huaxiong90 said:
fighter said:
imo sim fans will prefer 60fps, great online features and great physics over better graphics

it was understood that gt5 had better screenshots since years now, i would have prefered another criteria than that in this vs.

Please don't tell me you're trying to imply that FM3 does the mentioned features better than GT5

Who cares? All these pointless tech BS details.

GT5 runs fine, in real time, when I move the steering wheel the car moves like it should and it appears on the screen as it should.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
huaxiong90 said:
fighter said:

Please don't tell me you're trying to imply that FM3 does the mentioned features better than GT5.

GT5 is locked at 60 fps in 1080p, 30 fps in 3D Mode (supposedly - the 3D)

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
BBH said:
Hyruken said:

Forza is the hardcore racing community.....You do know Forza is a simulation game right? And in that game you have massive customizable things that not even previous GT's can get close to? Not only that but you can design your own cars?

I am a massive GT fan, but more then that i am a massive racing fan. Like every other racing fan i don't feel loyalty to one brand. 

Please be reasonable. The Xbox is the 'teen' console. You know that. Games like Halo, COD and Gears thrive on it. You wouldn't get much interest in a SOCOM game on the Xbox - and that is the difference.

Forza is very suited to the Xbox 360 - it is very 'straight out of the box' and easy. It took me 5 weeks to set an amazing time around the track in GT5. It took me 5 hours in Forza.

One game is a lot easier and arcadier than the other. I can match top drivers in the world in Forza, but can't in GT5. I wonder what's more realistic?

Anyway, this is pointless and stupid.

BBH said:
Hyruken said:
BBH said:
Hyruken said:

Please be reasonable. The Xbox is the 'teen' console. You know that. Games like Halo, COD and Gears thrive on it. You wouldn't get much interest in a SOCOM game on the Xbox - and that is the difference.

Forza is very suited to the Xbox 360 - it is very 'straight out of the box' and easy. It took me 5 weeks to set an amazing time around the track in GT5. It took me 5 hours in Forza.

One game is a lot easier and arcadier than the other. I can match top drivers in the world in Forza, but can't in GT5. I wonder what's more realistic?

Anyway, this is pointless and stupid.

Someone should slap you.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

GT5 is shaping up to be a MONSTER as far as a racing game goes.

Forza is very good, and worth considering if you have a 360, and want customizing of your vehicle.

Can we leave it at that?  Forza is really good, but not in the same class as what GT5 is shaping up to be.  If you are driving sim console fan, you buy a PS3 to get GT5.  If you own a 360, you buy Forza.

All I see with these screenshots is that it doesnt matter anymore.  They differences are so tiny it doesnt matter. Its like when the picture(s) of Megan Fox came out last year and showed her thumbs were stubby.  Who gives a rats ass.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

1. In the top picture if you look closely you can see what looks like a town reflected on the front of the car.

2. In the top picture you can see the fence reflected in the windscreen

3. Looks like a lamppost reflected on the bonnet of the Subaru in the bottom picture

4. This one is easy. In the top one the camera looks like it has head tracking going on and you can see a lot of detail in the car in front of what is left of it. Also the left mirror (not the actual mirror but the metal bit) has got ray tracing going on as well

5. hard to tell but I am pretty confident it’s the top one.

true ray tracing gives most of the images away.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).