By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs Forza 3 Sceenshot Comparison... Can You Tell The Diffrence?

fighter said:
huaxiong90 said:
fighter said:
elticker said:
huaxiong90 said:
fighter said:
huaxiong90 said:
fighter said:
imo sim fans will prefer 60fps, great online features and great physics over better graphics

it was understood that gt5 had better screenshots since years now, i would have prefered another criteria than that in this vs.

Please don't tell me you're trying to imply that FM3 does the mentioned features better than GT5.

it's pretty obvious i do think so, if you have elements proving otherwise feel free to share

GT5: Prologue ran at 60 frames per second. Safe to assume it'll be the same case with GT5.

GT5 will be the first game in the Gran Turismo franchise to include both mechanical and external damage modeling, including a real-time deformation engine that will process model deformation according to the speed and angle of impact. Also, the impressions of the physics engine displayed from the GT: Time Trial academy have generally been positive.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6423

that doesnt say in the whole racing history but in the gran turismo franchise and i think forza already have thos features as i get fucked if i crash a car in forza 3 with sim damage on but its very funny and fun whne me and my friend choose land rover and crash it into each other. Btw i heard that forza has the most realistic physics in any racing game that has been released to date thats what i think my impression was from insidesimracing

not only the claim doesn't extend outside the GT franchise but it doesn't concern the impact on the driving itself, and those are the physics that matter to a racing fan

I already answered that, fyi. Or did you not read the part about the GT: Academy?

Like I said, the fact that you even tried to argue about the 60 fps shows you're clueless on Gran Turismo.

Calm down, the GT5 academy part concerns driving physics and i was answering about the claim on damage. "not only the claim doesn't extend outside the GT franchise" refering to elticker's intervention on the same matter (damage physics).

As for me being "clueless" for not knowing GT5 runs at 60 fps well i guess i'm just a realistic guy who needs either a journalist or PolyphonyDigital to state that themselves

i hope you got me this time

I may have overreacted, but please, in the future, if you don't know about a game and decide to compare it anyway, it can...well, it doesn't make your "opinion" sound objective, you know?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
My guesses:

1st -- GT5 bottom

2nd -- GT5 top

3rd -- GT5 bottom

4th -- GT5 bottom

5th -- GT5 on top (you can see GT billboards in the pic roflroflrofl)

Wrong.

The 1st one is also wrong. the GT5 pic is the top one.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

*looks closely*

Can I tell the difference between Forza 3 and GT5? Well, one is out now and one is coming some time in the distant future. Duh!

IMHO gt5 looks more photorealistic, if your saving up for a ps3 this is the game to buy it with.

huaxiong90 said:
fighter said:
imo sim fans will prefer 60fps, great online features and great physics over better graphics

it was understood that gt5 had better screenshots since years now, i would have prefered another criteria than that in this vs.

Please don't tell me you're trying to imply that FM3 does the mentioned features better than GT5.

I will agree on better online.. GT5:P was a mess in online.. but frame rate and physics? frame rate is 60FPS on both games (atleast on GT5) and did you even play the GT5 academy demo? damn..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

I came in hoping for gameplay shots. Comparing how awesome a game looks when you're not playing it seems like a waste of time imo.

let's count the pixels!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

gamelover2000 said:
huaxiong90 said:
fighter said:

I will agree on better online.. GT5:P was a mess in online.. but frame rate and physics? frame rate is 60FPS on both games (atleast on GT5) and did you even play the GT5 academy demo? damn..

GT5:P =/= GT5. I'm positive there'll be many improvements for the online in the final product.

And about the GT: Academy, I mentioned that in a later post.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

The 2nd interior pic pretty much gave it away.....

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Wow. All the Sony fans have got this very very wrong.

1st = 360 bottom.

2nd = 360 = top

3rd = 360 top

4th = 360 top

5th = 360 bottom.

I'm amazed that even the OP got this very wrong.

I'm not gloating here. Either. I'm genuinely surprised. 

Side by side, GT5 has more car detail, but the track detail is alot less. In both textures and amount of 3d modeling.

Still very amazed that many think Forza 3 screenshots are the better ones.