By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs Forza 3 Sceenshot Comparison... Can You Tell The Diffrence?

This thread is old. VERY old. Whoever necro-bumped it, shame on you.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
aragod said:
selnor said:
dahuman said:

it's so obvious lol. top, top, bottom, bottom, top are GT5 shots.

Another person got it wrong. This is funny. The 2nd pic at the top is Forza 3. 'NOT' GT5. 

So much for GT5 blowing Forza 3 away graphically.

You are kidding right? Forza 3 already released and in motion looks nothing like these shots. Eyecheck suggested for anyone that thinks Forza is even remotely as good looking as GT.

That applies haevily to GT5 also. Your point is? 

Both these shots are using Photomde. Obvious. So it's still a fair comparison. And 1 many fans of GT5 are getting wrong.

Bark up the tree at them. Not those calling them out.

ROFL they look the same save for unrealistic shiny track for one and and last gen looking track on the other.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Well, I have never played Gran Turismo 5: Prologue neither have I played Forza Motorsport 3... the last GT game I played was on the PSX... the one that had multiple discs, I don't know which iteration of the series it was.

But since I've heard that GT5:Prologue has better graphics than Forza Motorsport 3, I'll just pick them by looking at wich has better graphics and which has worse graphics.

Section 1:

The first picture seems to have better graphics than the second one, so I'll say that the first one is GT5:Prologue and the second one is Forza Motorsport 3.

Section 2:

The first picture has worse graphics than the second one. So Forza Motorsport 3 has to be the first one and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue the second one.

Section 3:

Again, the first one seems to have worse graphics than the second one. Forza Motorsport 3 first one, GT5: P Second one.

Section 4:

Again, first one Forza Motorsport 3, second one Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.

Section 5:

Lol, obviously the First one is Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (look at the background xD) and the second one is Forza Motorsport 3.

That's what I think, I might be wrong because I haven't played those games (I don't like racing games or in this case, racing simulators :P). I only judged by looking at which seems to have better graphics.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

I probably should have  but couldnt now I read the post I definately should have.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
selnor said:
aragod said:
selnor said:
dahuman said:

it's so obvious lol. top, top, bottom, bottom, top are GT5 shots.

Another person got it wrong. This is funny. The 2nd pic at the top is Forza 3. 'NOT' GT5. 

So much for GT5 blowing Forza 3 away graphically.

You are kidding right? Forza 3 already released and in motion looks nothing like these shots. Eyecheck suggested for anyone that thinks Forza is even remotely as good looking as GT.

That applies haevily to GT5 also. Your point is? 

Both these shots are using Photomde. Obvious. So it's still a fair comparison. And 1 many fans of GT5 are getting wrong.

Bark up the tree at them. Not those calling them out.

So we are comparing doctored shots to see which one is doctored more? The main difference is that GT actually looks like these shots in the actual game, Forza is far from that.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

These screen shot were selected in order to mke it harder to see the difference ... well maybe not the 5th set with GT logo. Yet you can still see the differences. Of course if you show screenshot of weather or night time racing is would be easier to pick which ones belong to GT5.

Smidlee said:

These screen shot were selected in order to mke it harder to see the difference ... well maybe not the 5th set with GT logo. Yet you can still see the differences. Of course if you show screenshot of weather or night time racing is would be easier to pick which ones belong to GT5.

The problem is that it isn't even hard to pick the pictures apart, if they are viewed by GT fans. The track layout clearly defines what picture is GT5 and what is Forza 3. 

Other than that, like Machina said, picture four is a GT5:P picture, which is thrown in the mix to add more confusion (GT5:P also didn't have the Tokyo R246 track, that's why it breaks the chain of GT5 pics).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I'm not even a GT fan and I can see the difference pretty easily lol, I have not owned a GT game since the very first one =P.

Smidlee said:

and if it was a show showing the massively huge draw distance and awe inspiring terrain of Forza 3 it would be easy as well (the picture with the rocks makes it easy to tell that it's Forza because of the way the engine handles terrain)