By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs Forza 3 Sceenshot Comparison... Can You Tell The Diffrence?

darthdevidem01 said:
My guesses:

1st -- GT5 bottom

2nd -- GT5 top

3rd -- GT5 bottom

4th -- GT5 bottom

5th -- GT5 on top (you can see GT billboards in the pic roflroflrofl)

Wow can people not tell which is which? Thanks for Sony fans giving Forza 3 credit :P

Around the Network
Xen said:
It's pretty easy to see thanks to FM3's brighter colours.

I think GT5 has more vibrant colours to be honest and much more realistic lighting.

Forza 3 looks more washed out with lower contrast.

This is the order anyway:

1st: GT5 Top
2nd: GT5 Bottom
3rd: GT5 Bottom
4th: GT5 Bottom
5th: GT5 Top

BBH said:
Hyruken said:
BBH said:
Hyruken said:

Both look great in my book. The difference is Forza 3 plays great too. 92 meta score, no GT game has got above that since the greatest of racing games GT3. We will see if GT5 not only looks great but plays great, and playing great is what i hope for the most.

However i think GT5 colors look wrong in some places, it is too shiney and thus can tell it is a computer game.

Which is funny because of the comparisons people seem to have put down a lot of Forza pics as GT pics when they are not. Like the Ferrari pic, it isn't ferrari red, it looks a bit deeper red. Which as pointed out above a lot of people thought was Forza 3!

GT plays well to it's audience, hardcore racing fans.

Forza plays well to its audience - Xbox teens and wannabe 'Journalists'

Wow that is major untrue.

Forza is the hardcore racing community.....You do know Forza is a simulation game right? And in that game you have massive customizable things that not even previous GT's can get close to? Not only that but you can design your own cars?

I am a massive GT fan, but more then that i am a massive racing fan. Like every other racing fan i don't feel loyalty to one brand. 

Please be reasonable. The Xbox is the 'teen' console. You know that. Games like Halo, COD and Gears thrive on it. You wouldn't get much interest in a SOCOM game on the Xbox - and that is the difference.

Forza is very suited to the Xbox 360 - it is very 'straight out of the box' and easy. It took me 5 weeks to set an amazing time around the track in GT5. It took me 5 hours in Forza.

One game is a lot easier and arcadier than the other. I can match top drivers in the world in Forza, but can't in GT5. I wonder what's more realistic?

Anyway, this is pointless and stupid.

Hang on a second, since when did this become a argument about 360 and PS3? We are talking about Forza 3 and GT5, not "teen consoles".

What i can't get my head around is this whole stereotype you just put up. So people who play Gran Turismo are the true hardcore family, who are not teens, don't like shooters, and own a PS3.....right.....

So all those people on http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/default.aspx which is one of the most populated and active racing game forum on the planet is full of "teens". Ones that seem to have a knowledge of how to build engines, how to change the most minute detail in a set-up to get the most out of their car, know how to pace the tyres on their car in a 24hr race, can tune any aspect to overcome their various problems etc etc, know how to design cars to an unbelievable level that has resulted in actual car companies themself speaking to these people to help develop real cars are "teens"? You are of course 100% right! A lot of these people are teens. I was in my teens like 8 years ago. How does that = bad? These people are car nuts, they love everything about cars.

The people who play Forza ARE THE GT COMMUNITY, look on the GT forums and your even see a Forza section...! It is this thing that makes your rant look so silly and nothing more then a rant about how PS3 people are better then everyone else....So those people who like GT have not played any other games since the last GT came out like 5 years ago? Those people would of passed up on this gen and the internet age and wait for the new GT game? Those people in their 20s will not buy anything other then a Sony format to play their games?

But again, ok whatever...

I am sure some proper racing fans who play Forza will be along to destroy your post. Because in Forza there are different settings. Different levels of driving aids, you know the same aids that GT now has in GT5? It's default settings are there to help people who don't normally play racing simulation games play and enjoy it. But anyone who plays Forza and is good at racing games turns those off But whatever, the great thing about Forza is you can look at peoples records to see how well they have done. You claim it is easy and you broke all these records etc...So what is your live name and i will go get those times to share with everyone else?

9009pc said:

1. In the top picture if you look closely you can see what looks like a town reflected on the front of the car.

2. In the top picture you can see the fence reflected in the windscreen

3. Looks like a lamppost reflected on the bonnet of the Subaru in the bottom picture

4. This one is easy. In the top one the camera looks like it has head tracking going on and you can see a lot of detail in the car in front of what is left of it. Also the left mirror (not the actual mirror but the metal bit) has got ray tracing going on as well

5. hard to tell but I am pretty confident it’s the top one.

true ray tracing gives most of the images away.

You're wrong on pics 2 and 4.

Picture 2: GT is the bottom picture, that's the Tokyo R246 track that only exists in GT

Picture 4: The top picture is the dashboard of a Audi R8 in the Camino Viejo Track on Forza 3. Lower pic is the Dashboard of the Nissan GT-R in the Daytona Speedway track on GT5:P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

9009pc said:

1. In the top picture if you look closely you can see what looks like a town reflected on the front of the car.

3. Looks like a lamppost reflected on the bonnet of the Subaru in the bottom picture

4. This one is easy. In the top one the camera looks like it has head tracking going on and you can see a lot of detail in the car in front of what is left of it. Also the left mirror (not the actual mirror but the metal bit) has got ray tracing going on as well

Wow, are you serious? True Ray Tracing!! Um, No.

Anyways, this is not that hard.

GT5 is

1. Top 2. Bottom 3. Bottom 4. Bottom 5. Top

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
darklich13 said:
9009pc said:

GT5 is

Looool, not only did he made that huge blunder regarding ray tracing, he even said in the fourth top picture you can see head tracking. Head tracking from a photo mode picture from a replay

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darklich13 said:
9009pc said:

GT5 is

Looool, not only did he made that huge blunder regarding ray tracing, he even said in the fourth top picture you can see head tracking. Head tracking from a photo mode picture from a replay

I know!! Well he was right on one part of #4. It is the easiest to tell the difference. Yet he still got it wrong.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darklich13 said:
lestatdark said:
darklich13 said:
9009pc said:

GT5 is

I know!! Well he was right on one part of #4. It is the easiest to tell the difference. Yet he still got it wrong.

Yup, especially for non GT fans, that was the easiest one. After reading the whole thread, i'm quite in shock on how many "GT fans" missed to accurately tell the pictures apart. I mean, 4/5 of the pictures are only on one of the most emblematic tracks on every GT

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
darklich13 said:
9009pc said:

GT5 is

lol just a guess I don't play racing games that often not exactly a genre I like very much. the 2nd one I wasn't sure about. as for the fourth one. yeah was well off. :(  the reflection on the car in front was what throw me the most and then no reflection on the body work on the bottom was what caught me out. anyway the OP has a really good point.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

9009pc said:
lestatdark said:
darklich13 said:
9009pc said:

GT5 is

lol just a guess I don't play racing games that often not exactly a genre I like very much. the 2nd one I wasn't sure about. as for the fourth one. yeah was well off. :(  the reflection on the car in front was what throw me the most and then no reflection on the body work on the bottom was what caught me out. anyway the OP has a really good point.

Yup, but the problem was that it didn't just mix up GT5 replay pics, it also showed GT5:P replay pics. GT5:P didn't had quite an updated lightning engine as GT5 has. 

And the reflections/no reflections also depends on the type of paint (glossy, metallic or regular paint) that each car has. So some cars will have quite some reflection details and others will have very few reflection details. To actually get this (small) detail right, is quite a challenge for racing games developers.

Current PC Build