By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit 2 Teased at GDC?

It better be superior to MW Reflex. If not then there is no way I will purchase it. The first game was nowhere near as good as any FPS games from 10 years ago.

I have little faith that HVS has the experience needed to make a decent FPS on any console.

Around the Network

I grew quite addicted to the online multiplayer before it became flooded with cheaters. All they really need to do on that end is fix the matchmaking so that you don't have to go through two or three complete freezes/resets before getting into an actual game, change the code base to make it less easily hackable, fix weapon voting, and add more options for match-types.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Knowing HVS it's going to be a multiplat top-down shooter.

No, but seriously, might be cool. We'll see once we get some screens and videos.

Dev. Interview - http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/specialArt.cfm?artid=22757

"Sega was very pleased, and we were very pleased. Like I said, with an original IP introduced into a market that is down, sales have been very good, so we're very happy. "

I really think Conduit 2 would sell better and be easier to market than Grinder. Maybe we are getting a sequel.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

the real problem with the conduit was the empty environment, the story and the crappy level design....

The game mechanics themselves were enjoyable.
I have never played the MP... probably should before it's all empty.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
the real problem with the conduit was the empty environment, the story and the crappy level design....

The game mechanics themselves were enjoyable.
I have never played the MP... probably should before it's all empty.

It's probably too late to enjoy the multiplayer now. It only takes one hacker to ruin a game.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Splitscreen plz? That's all I need for a purchase--I did give the game a pretty good score on VGC, after all

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Severance said:
whaaaaaaa??? Gladiator AD is now that crappy game Tournament of Legends?!!

Wtf HVS is doing with their games stop killing yourselves.

LOL

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I liked The Conduit online better than single player. The online was fun and I rarely had any issues.

I liked the Conduit, It was not a great game and it has a lot of things to fix/improve, but it was a fun game.

The single player could use more varied missions and be less linear, also the inclusion of a team (even if you don't manage it) can help the feeling of the game. Better story presentation, its a must, the overall story was not that bad (somewhat generic), but there were not level intros that show anything happening to the city, or anything else.

The multiplayer needs less cheating and more maps.