By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit 2 Teased at GDC?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Soriku likes FPS confirmed?

No way. I'm only posting this for people who care :P

Around the Network

I hope they improve the online, the lag and matchmaking in the first game was the worst I have ever seen.

They also need use some anti-cheat system because The Conduit online was one of the most hacked games I have ever seen also.

I liked the first one for a couple weeks. Have not played it since.I am not that good at FPS's but even I had no problems playing the single player. A lot of room for improvements, can not say I am actually hyped for this or any other HV game anymore though.

averyblund said:
Please no. The Conduit broke my heart with its lazy graphics and shitty singleplayer. HVS like Krome knows how to talk the talk, but can't create a quality product to save their lives.

There is a thing called getting better with practice. Not saying whether it will be better, just that you shouldn't assume these things are static.

Street Fighter 1 was a broken game, and we all know how II turned out.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I hope this happens but i don't think it will happen.

Around the Network

you can see the poster (at least part of it) in the begining of the interview posted by Severance. well at least i think that;s the poster they are talking about, which for me doesn;t looks like a conduit sequel but i do hope for one.

Games4Fun said:
I liked the first one for a couple weeks. Have not played it since.I am not that good at FPS's but even I had no problems playing the single player. A lot of room for improvements, can not say I am actually hyped for this or any other HV game anymore though.

I think you may have misunderstood the criticism of the game. Its not that the singleplayer had bad controls. It had more to do with the bland textures, terrible artm generic hallways, and embarrassingly bad story. The controls were great, but the game itself was terrible. After all the hype I felt pretty betrayed if you can't tell.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

averyblund said:
Games4Fun said:

I think you may have misunderstood the criticism of the game. Its not that the singleplayer had bad controls. It had more to do with the bland textures, terrible artm generic hallways, and embarrassingly bad story. The controls were great, but the game itself was terrible. After all the hype I felt pretty betrayed if you can't tell.

I liked the controls I mean the game as a hole. It did not live up to what they were going for an dlead me to think it would be.

LordTheNightKnight said:
averyblund said:
Please no. The Conduit broke my heart with its lazy graphics and shitty singleplayer. HVS like Krome knows how to talk the talk, but can't create a quality product to save their lives.

There is a thing called getting better with practice. Not saying whether it will be better, just that you shouldn't assume these things are static.

Street Fighter 1 was a broken game, and we all know how II turned out.

The thing is HVS has been a developer for quite some time. If you mean Wii development then yes you are right. But I never heard a company promise so much and deliver such a mediocre experience. Had the Conduit come out of nowhere I might cut it some slack. But when the company tries to make it sound like the second coming and then delivers a  souless, artless, generic shooter it bends me the wrong way.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

I also pretty much think the same about Red Steel 1. 2 looks much better in controls and looks, but I will have to wait to see what people here say before I bother buying it.