By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB, the most hyped game in history?

i think there was a ton of hype for zelda: ocarina of time

Around the Network
Pk9394 said:
rocketpig said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 IMO.

Most people don't remember that far back though. ^_^

Halo 3 is definitely the runner-up.

Oooh, good call. I forgot about SMB3. The ramp up for that game was crazy, though it didn't have the mass market budgeting of Halo. You couldn't take a crap without having Halo shoved down your throat in September.

But relatively speaking, for its time SMB3 was crazy-hyped.

oh I remember, they had a movie promoting SMB 3

You can't beat him!

He has the POWER GLOVE!!!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

SeriousWB said:
I didn't see that much of anything for Halo 3 in the UK, just standard game marketing (the diarama advert), less than even Brain Training. But it sounds like it was crazy in the US.

I live in the UK too, didnt realise it was advertised that much in the US, all the UK got was that warhammer like ad, and frankly im glad.

Treasure Island Dizzy's Adventure

/obscure?

Halo 3 got that honour...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Yeah, in the US Halo 3 hype was stupid insane. I mean, how DOES the Master Chief chug Mountain Dew during a war?

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

"I love the power glove, its so bad"

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
superchunk said:
Based on the tv ads, soft drink promotions, food promotions, radio ads, ads in various retialers, and nearly every website.

Halo 3 by a sizable margin.

I have seen no ads of any kind for ssbb. Only video on web. This might be a better questions as we actually approach ssbb release date.
Is it weird that I never saw any of these ads? Well, I saw one ad on the Internet. But that is it and I AM BEING SERIOUS!!!!!

there was hype for halo 3 in america? humm i didnt see much where i was at >

Starcraft 2: Millions of gamers have been waiting for upto 10 years.