By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anyone tired of saving the world over and over again in jrpgs?

WRPG its about the same.

saving the "universe", and that was done in star ocean way before many modern WRPG.

Around the Network

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Christhor said:
Doesn't this go for practicly every game out there?

True.  Really, just like the movie industry, things generally have to be larger than life, because life is everyday, normal, and therefore boring if recreated.  I mean in the words of Awesome Center, "My sister has cancer.  Zombie cancer."  Probably one of the reasons I get bored with simulation games.  I mean I don't want to save some town from an uncoming hurricane, I want to stop the terrorists, Hitler, and the Legion of Doom from trying to kill Jesus. 

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
lol i wanna rpg where the mission is to make the world a smexer place 4 all. :)

Oh, I played an hentai dating sim just like that.

What else will we save? Greenpeace? Our mothers? Mushrooms?

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

He looks like he is about to chop poor little Toad in half!

Is there a game where you have to destroy your world to complete it?

I wanna play an RPG where you gather a group of ragtag individuals and go to a basketball game to cheer for your favorite team, the Harlem Globetrotters. But then, the Globetrotters get injured and YOU have to step in and take on the Washington Generals in their place. Why has no-one made THAT RPG?

Yeah, I think one time a jrpg should involve you the main character traveling the southeastern part of the U.S. to put together a team for a basketball tournament in a small town in Missouri. That sounds EPIC!!!

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

yum123 said:
nope never get sick of it will always buy final fantasys

I don't get sick of it, yeah it can get old, but then I just switch to a game with a different kind of story.  I will always go back for more though!

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.