By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anyone tired of saving the world over and over again in jrpgs?

d21lewis said:
MontanaHatchet said:
That's true for most shooters and platformers as well. It's a common plot element in videogames. It shows the good nature of the protagonist and their struggles, and the deviousness and power of the antagonist. But most of all, it gives you a grand, overarching goal to achieve throughout the course of the game.

So no, JRPGs are fine with these sorts of plots. Stop asking them to be something they're not.

Stop asking us to stop asking things that we don't want to stop asking.

Don't stop 'til you get enough!

Around the Network

agreed, i just wanna enjoy with pretty girls in J RPG
idk about storyline

↑ drawn by Tino Vainamoinen aka ex-NFG.  thx 

へんたい from japan, sorry.my english is suck,so plain english plz.  thx

I guess it depends. I suppose sometimes I do get tired of saving the world. But this could be said about every genre.

I mean, how many times do we seriously have to save peach from bowser, or how many times do we have to rise up and over throw some hostile enemy in FPS games.

Can the bad guys never win? Is it just not possible?

But if we did not save the world -- the world would end and all games would be over.
So I will continue to save the world.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Just get used to it, since you are entertaining their products.. duhhh

Around the Network

You save the world in every game..

At least im pretty sure you do..

The point is if snake hadn't taking out rex this topic would exist..

Be grateful these nobel heroes are protecting you.

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Why do youou don keep buying these games? as it seems you don't like them.

I remember every James Bond being about saving the world too, Lord of the rings, transformers, Star wars... this is just to name a few

These past few decades, the entertainment industry as a whole is selling the idea that the world will end one day because of us.

During the cold war era most games were too hard and the "gameover" was unavoidable.

Next will probably many more RTS with China vs Russia vs Muslim terrorists vs USA vs etc. and ecological apocaliptic themed action/adventure games.

Should we send video-game tech to the 18th century they would probably pre-discover train-sims and city/world management games.

riecsou said:
I remember every James Bond being about saving the world too, Lord of the rings, transformers, Star wars... this is just to name a few

and banging the girl that would put a princess to shame