By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anyone tired of saving the world over and over again in jrpgs?

First off i wanna say that I am not venting here this thread is just for fun and because I'm home sick and thinking way too much about complete nonsense like this but anyway here goes.  Almost every JRPG game seems to have the same formula...kids with crazy hair save the world from an evil power trying to destroy the world, or make the world the way they see fit by killing everything. Is else getting tired of this? I mean it's not like the stories are bad they're just all similar in this respect.  And its always the same 6 to 12 people that are the only ones who can save everyone. the thing is they always start well with some badass character who acts all tough and then by the end he has this change of heart and turns into a compassionate pussy and then he saves everyone

every final fantasy except for 12 you save the world

ff1 - save the world? i didnt bother after 4 hours of this game

ff2- beat emperor dude and save the world- wasted 30 hours of my life

ff3- save the world again-and again like 40 hours wasted here

ff4- go to the moon and save the world...on the moon - thank god for emulators with 10x fast forward option

ff5- never finished it but i assume you had to save the world

ff6- find your friends and save the world...from an evil clown

ff7- stop using planet energy and save the world...with the help of a cat and his megaphone

ff8- stop sorceress from the future from destroying the world...in the future? why? cuz its your f'ing job and you have to

ff9- save the world from a villian that you dont meet till the end of the game...and apparently having a monkey tail makes you dangerous

ff10- save the world from your dad who is this giant flying whale thing and then you disappear and leave the chick hanging

ffx-2 - i wanna find the guy i love turns into i run around and do useless things and then i find him but its not really him it just looks like him and he's with this chick that looks like me and they're from the same imaginary city the guy i like is from and he's trying to destroy the world with a machine that has a mind of its own and decided it wants to destroy the world...so you save the world(big surprise) and then if you didn't do the right things in the game you cant see the guy you set out to see from the beginning and you have to play the game over again to see the good ending unless you remember that youtube exists and is awesome and saves you another 40 hours of your life...got all that?

ff11- every time you think the world is saved you have to buy an expansion...therefore you always fail

ff12- i know i finished this game but i dont remember it at all---did you save the world in this?

ff13- only a couple hours in and they already said they have to save the world. I will reluctantly finish this game because i bought it for $60

other ff13 games- i guess we're going to save the same exact world a few more times in the near future

ff14- see ff11

every "tales of" game you save the world(at least in symphonia and the abyss)

symphonia - you grow wings and save the world by planting a tree...wow

abyss- like 1,000,000 people die and then you save the world...good job

chrono games - you save the world

trigger- save time and save yourselves and every but the humans are pretty fucked

cross- save time again because the bad guy went back in time merged with a little girl and saved himself and the cycle just continues.

grandia- go on an adventure, everything is cool, shit happens, you save the world

grandia 2- with the help of your schizophrenic friend/lover that is actually 2 people you save the world and hopefully have an awesome 3-way

ffs i just played star ocean 4 and it seemed like i wouldn't have to save the world at first and then *SPOILER* i saved the world

THE BIBLE -- *SPOILER* JESUS DIES AND THE WORLD IS SAVED...didnt see that one coming at all

what is your take on these games? feel free to add some more to the list too...

btw i hope you all enjoyed this...please comment on it so I can justify the 15 minutes of my life I wasted writing this lol

Around the Network

I agree! I want to save a princess in a JRPG for once.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
I agree! I want to save a princess in a JRPG for once.

This  although saving  your friends and meeting some of your party members involes saving them

nope never get sick of it will always buy final fantasys

In XII you don't save the world. I could argue that the "villain" did.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

@Johann ---yea 12 seems to be the black sheep in the series in terms of story

lol i wanna rpg where the mission is to make the world a smexer place 4 all. :)

Doesn't this go for practicly every game out there?

Nope. Actually it is a lot the cliche stories and characters in them that I like the most.

lol at the jesus part