By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 vs PS3...Q4 2010 to be similar to Q4 2008?

tuscaniman said:
Seihyouken said:
I'd definitely wait to see what Sony has to announce at E3 before making any judgments based on exclusive lineups.

Resistance 3, Killzone 3, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2, Syphon Filter, and MotorStorm 3 have all been tossed around as rumored 2010 titles and if even half of those are true and combined with Gran Turismo 5, The Last Guardian, and Agent, Sony's lineup could really bury Microsoft's if they don't announce anything beyond Halo: Reach and Fable III for later this year.

Lets see here..all of those titles are exactly that, rumors. What makes you think unnannounced titles will go from being finally announed at E3 and releasing 4 months later? If a big title hasn't been announced yet it isn't coming out this year, simple as that.  

I'd be very surprised if Insomniac don't announce Resistance 3 or a new IP scheduled for release this holiday within the next few months.

Around the Network
DaBuddahN said:
OH PLEASE! Seriously guys.. -_- Some of these comments are just downright ridiculous and wrong.

@STAGE

Dude, you mention Sony only having GoW3 and Gran Turismo 5 as heavy hitters, yet you mention Crackdown among the 360 "dominating" AAA titles? Now, I am not doubting the quality of Crackdown, it is a good game, but it has sold 1.5 mil WW. Which isn't bad, but not nearly as big as you make it seem. Same goes for Splinter Cell.

Sony's lineup for 2010:

Note - Some of these might get delayed

So far - Heavy Rain, MAG and WKC (flop in NA)

Then:

God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
The Agency (I personally don't think this will be big)
FF14 (Console Exclusive for 2010, according to Jack)
The Last Guardian
PlayStation Move and its games (I consider it will be a small/decent success, nothing as big as Wii)
David Jaffe's game (which, according to him, is not Twisted Metal)

Rumored:

Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
Syphon Filter 4 ( i think?)
... and whatever else

Pretty good lineup if you ask me.

1.5 M for Crackdown isn't bad seeing as Microsoft barely publicized it. Now that Microsoft publicized it as something big and they increased the scale, storyline and gameplay....it is a heavy hitter and can expect larger sales. The splinter cell franchise hasn't had been publicized now has it enjoyed sales like last gen. This new game is a new direction for the series and quite frankly this is the first time i've been interested in it. Just imagine how many others are interested in Splinter Cell now that it has more of a storyline.

If they drop the price, then yeah, but it won't be by as big of a margin as it was in 2008. Through dropping to 299 and completely rebranding the ps3, Sony has raised the baseline sales of the ps3 significantly, and that'll hold through the holidays. Plus they'll have GT5 for Europe.

That being said, I don't think Microsoft will drop the price of their console. Bundling Natal with every sku and possibly increasing HDD size seems like the more likely scenario.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DaBuddahN said:
OH PLEASE! Seriously guys.. -_- Some of these comments are just downright ridiculous and wrong.

@STAGE

Dude, you mention Sony only having GoW3 and Gran Turismo 5 as heavy hitters, yet you mention Crackdown among the 360 "dominating" AAA titles? Now, I am not doubting the quality of Crackdown, it is a good game, but it has sold 1.5 mil WW. Which isn't bad, but not nearly as big as you make it seem. Same goes for Splinter Cell.

Sony's lineup for 2010:

Note - Some of these might get delayed

So far - Heavy Rain, MAG and WKC (flop in NA)

Then:

God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
The Agency (I personally don't think this will be big)
FF14 (Console Exclusive for 2010, according to Jack)
The Last Guardian
PlayStation Move and its games (I consider it will be a small/decent success, nothing as big as Wii)
David Jaffe's game (which, according to him, is not Twisted Metal)

Rumored:

Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
Syphon Filter 4 ( i think?)
... and whatever else

Pretty good lineup if you ask me.

1.5 M for Crackdown isn't bad seeing as Microsoft barely publicized it. Now that Microsoft publicized it as something big and they increased the scale, storyline and gameplay....it is a heavy hitter and can expect larger sales. The splinter cell franchise hasn't had been publicized now has it enjoyed sales like last gen. This new game is a new direction for the series and quite frankly this is the first time i've been interested in it. Just imagine how many others are interested in Splinter Cell now that it has more of a storyline.

It came with the Halo 3 beta.  That was pretty big.

Crackdown was boring as shit why do people even mention that game :(

Around the Network

1 - it wont be a 100 price cut, 50 at best.

2 - Due to Natal being added to all 360s right ? there wont eb any price cut. Price will stay the same will be marketed as the new better 360 at the same old price.

3 - It very clear Sony is positioning GT5 as their holiday mega hammer of whoop ass for the comp.

Hus said:
1 - it wont be a 100 price cut, 50 at best.

2 - Due to Natal being added to all 360s right ? there wont eb any price cut. Price will stay the same will be marketed as the new better 360 at the same old price.

3 - It very clear Sony is positioning GT5 as their holiday mega hammer of whoop ass for the comp.

Don't misinterpret I'm not trolling, but that just sounds so funny when you say it out loud. "Holiday megahammer of whoop ass" LOL

Now I've got a funny image in my head.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

hmm no unless microsoft cuts the price to 100$.

even so ps3 will be alot stronger than it was in 2008 due games like GT5 being released, and the impressive line up they have 2010

Most Halo fans already have a Xbox 360. So Halo reach won't have a big impact on sales. Just look at the small impact Halo ODST had for the 360. I reckon a price cut is the only thing that will put microsoft ahead but with Microsoft trying to push Natal aswel I think a price cuts out of the question for them.

Also I bet anyone here that Sonys going to have at least 4 exclusive titles for this fall and one of them being GT5

geddesmond2 said:
Most Halo fans already have a Xbox 360. So Halo reach won't have a big impact on sales. Just look at the small impact Halo ODST had for the 360. I reckon a price cut is the only thing that will put microsoft ahead but with Microsoft trying to push Natal aswel I think a price cuts out of the question for them.

Also I bet anyone here that Sonys going to have at least 4 exclusive titles for this fall and one of them being GT5

How do you know that most Halo fans already own a 360. Exclusive doesn't mean heavy hitting as well. The 360 has plenty of exclusives which I haven't mentioned as well because they weren't AAA.