By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 vs PS3...Q4 2010 to be similar to Q4 2008?

Rainbird said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Regardless of delays, the 360's heavy hitter lineup is still stronger for this year. E3 might either really give Sony much needed help or will seal the year for the 360.

True, I think the 360 will end up having the better lineup as well, I'm just saying that I think the PS3 will have a very strong lineup as well (if you saw my edit, Twisted Metal and Agent are good candidates for being added to the 2010 list, not to mention that SOCOM 4 is coming). And I don't think Reach will move that much hardware, but that's another story.

@ jarrod

Where did you hear that Ape Escape would be a PSN game?

I understand you bro...I am just struggling to find out why Sony spent so much money announcing Socom 4 on Spike. LOL

Around the Network

It wont be as easy.

The 360 once again win in NA by a healthy margin.

Now, GT5 in Europe is a big problem for MS.
And MS is dead in japan.

If Sony does nothing ( keep praying)

The 360 will beat the PS3 in Q4 but not a huge margin, anything in 10% is tie, right?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rainbird said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Regardless of delays, the 360's heavy hitter lineup is still stronger for this year. E3 might either really give Sony much needed help or will seal the year for the 360.

True, I think the 360 will end up having the better lineup as well, I'm just saying that I think the PS3 will have a very strong lineup as well (if you saw my edit, Twisted Metal and Agent are good candidates for being added to the 2010 list, not to mention that SOCOM 4 is coming). And I don't think Reach will move that much hardware, but that's another story.

@ jarrod

I understand you bro...I am just struggling to find out why Sony spent so much money announcing Socom 4 on Spike. LOL

I suppose they think the SOCOM audience watches... I can't think of any other reason. If they even pay for it, wouldn't Spike consider an announcement like that a scoop, and not something they would be paid to show?

jarrod said:
Rainbird said:

@ jarrod

When it was announced at E3 last year.  All the (internal) games Sony mentioned then were said to be PSN... of course that could change, but I sort of doubt it considering even on PSP the franchise shifted to PSN only releases.

Oh snap, that went over my head. Oh well, here's hoping it will be a full game anyway!

OH PLEASE! Seriously guys.. -_- Some of these comments are just downright ridiculous and wrong.

@STAGE

Dude, you mention Sony only having GoW3 and Gran Turismo 5 as heavy hitters, yet you mention Crackdown among the 360 "dominating" AAA titles? Now, I am not doubting the quality of Crackdown, it is a good game, but it has sold 1.5 mil WW. Which isn't bad, but not nearly as big as you make it seem. Same goes for Splinter Cell.

Sony's lineup for 2010:

Note - Some of these might get delayed

So far - Heavy Rain, MAG and WKC (flop in NA)

Then:

God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
The Agency (I personally don't think this will be big)
FF14 (Console Exclusive for 2010, according to Jack)
The Last Guardian
PlayStation Move and its games (I consider it will be a small/decent success, nothing as big as Wii)
David Jaffe's game (which, according to him, is not Twisted Metal)

Rumored:

Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
Syphon Filter 4 ( i think?)
... and whatever else

Pretty good lineup if you ask me.

Around the Network
DaBuddahN said:
OH PLEASE! Seriously guys.. -_- Some of these comments are just downright ridiculous and wrong.

@STAGE

Dude, you mention Sony only having GoW3 and Gran Turismo 5 as heavy hitters, yet you mention Crackdown among the 360 "dominating" AAA titles? Now, I am not doubting the quality of Crackdown, it is a good game, but it has sold 1.5 mil WW. Which isn't bad, but not nearly as big as you make it seem. Same goes for Splinter Cell.

Sony's lineup for 2010:

Then:

God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
The Last Guardian
PlayStation Move and its games (I consider it will be a small/decent success, nothing as big as Wii)

Rumored:

Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
... and whatever else

It lacks multiple 10M sellers. It cannot therefore compete with the Wii, sorry.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Twistedpixel said:
DaBuddahN said:

@STAGE

Sony's lineup for 2010:

Then:

God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
The Last Guardian

Rumored:

Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
... and whatever else

It lacks multiple 10M sellers. It cannot therefore compete with the Wii, sorry.

WTF? I am not talking about sales, I am addressing STAGE, and his comments about 360 lineup destroying PS3's lineup. In terms of sales, of course nothing can compete with it, but in terms of quality, it's a completely different story.

no

it will be similar to Q4 2007 halo 3 also came out then kinda like how reach is coming out this year also ur forgetting the gt5 FFwatever and 300$ 250g ps3 effect

i c it being a close battle but ps3 will win the year overall since its outselling it and will continue to till september

Play Me

Seihyouken said:
I'd definitely wait to see what Sony has to announce at E3 before making any judgments based on exclusive lineups.

Resistance 3, Killzone 3, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2, Syphon Filter, and MotorStorm 3 have all been tossed around as rumored 2010 titles and if even half of those are true and combined with Gran Turismo 5, The Last Guardian, and Agent, Sony's lineup could really bury Microsoft's if they don't announce anything beyond Halo: Reach and Fable III for later this year.

Lets see here..all of those titles are exactly that, rumors. What makes you think unnannounced titles will go from being finally announed at E3 and releasing 4 months later? If a big title hasn't been announced yet it isn't coming out this year, simple as that.  

360s wins NA easily. PS3 takes others and Japan. PS3 will gain a little ground on the 360 overall. Its really an easy prediction to make. After this year you will see the first MGS, GOW, FF, and GT on the PS3. If PS3 is not within 2-3 million of the 360 WW sales then it will never catch the 360 in total sales. At this pace it will barely be within 4 million at the end of the year. There are no more huge system sellers after these games so its Natal vs Move for the rest of this console generation.