By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony copies, we innovate." - Nintendo

Lol @ some of the rabid fans still frantically trying to claim Sony never copied anything from Nintendo. XD It's hilarious.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

That's a 2006 article.

rather "copy" then to not make at all. I believe all motion controllers do is downgrade the consoles, or more so the gamers. pro gamers dont use motion controllers... only casual gamers do, which goes well for nintendo, since they dont have any pro gamers, no... dont bother arguing, a 4 yeear old isnt a pro gamer even if he logs 15 hours a day. but as a company, it would be benefitial towards credibility in making motion controllers, which is what Sony is doing, but Nintendo o the other hand has built the motion controller, and thats all they ever did. the Wii mote is the only asset Nintendo has going for them. Sony spent over $400 million on development for the CBE alone, which is one of PS3's biggest innovations, multi-threaded technology for gaming, which may be hard to design for, but it also creates an amazing final product if designed specifically for it. Just look at the new releases or the upcoming exclusives PS3 has, the PS3 is finally... finally... paying off, but the Wii? theyll just stick with their "AWESOME MOTION CONTROLLER IDEA THINGY" for the next few decades. Compare 2 cars for an example of these 2 consoles. The Bugatti Veyron acting as the PS3 - which is the worlds most expensive car, and also the second fastest car in the world. Lets say the Wii is a Toyota, sure the Toyotas sell more, but in comparison to the Bugatti, its nothing, and never will be.

Kenology said:
^ All that means nothing, really. The Move and sub-controller is a blatant rip of the Wiimote and nunchuk. Doesn't matter how many youtube vids you come with.

Thats a really good argument you have there.

OT:LOL... some people still think wiimote was the first motion controller in the industry.Like Sony hasnt been working on it since PS2 era... Sony is not the first who came up with it but neither is Nintendo

And Power Glove wasnt made by Nintendo btw...

Cheebee said:
Lol @ some of the rabid fans still frantically trying to claim Sony never copied anything from Nintendo. XD It's hilarious.

I am willing to accept it but I do not recognise any claim nintendo, sony or microsoft have over this tech as it can be sourced back to the routes of the gaming industry. 

a link to the oddyssey's add on rifle
http://www.pong-story.com/odyssey.htm#P5 

the tech has been there with either failed or ignored tech like this going back for years.  if nintendo didn't bring all these together someone else would have.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Around the Network

Analog stick + 4 "C" buttons = Analog stick + Analog stick

kowhoho said:
Didn't read the pages upon pages of comments, but I have this to say:

Nintendo has some real balls to say that they're the ONLY one to innovate.

"I don't know what [Sony's] decision making process is but I think if you look back, any innovation that has come in gameplay has come from us."

Well then maybe next time you should at least read either the first or last page of comments, because then you (and others like you) would have found out this is a 2006 article

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

d21lewis said:
Analog stick + 4 "C" buttons = Analog stick + Analog stick

analog stick was done on vectrex and atari 5200 before nintendo copied it

when we're on the topic of old Nintendo statements. Why don't someone link to some old Yamauch comments.

They are funny :D Especially the ones where he's trolling JRPGs.

Or old Ken Kutaragi quotes. Or that Sony troll/boss whatever he was called. Bring in more old quotes.

I LOVE ICELAND!

finally, now let's sony's counter