By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN bias against PS3

Kantor said:
Ha.

I've heard a lot of sites being called anti-PS3, but this is the first I'm hearing of IGN warranting the title.

So, I will say this: IGN is one of the most pro-PS3 sites on the internet. Their reviews are badly scored, their news is completely unreliable, and there are many other reasons to dislike them, but anti-PS3 bias isn't one of them.

this

Around the Network
Lurker said:

Incorrect.

360 AAA EXCLUSIVES VS. PS3 AAA EXCLUSIVES FROM IGN.COM:

Halo 3 - 9.5
Gears of War 2 - 9.5
Forza 3 - 9.4
Splosion Man - 9.0
Dead or Alive 4 - 9.0
Halo 3 ODST - 9.0

Total: 6

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 10
LittleBigPlanet - 9.5
Resistance 2 - 9.5
Uncharted 2 - 9.5
Killzone 2 - 9.4
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction - 9.4
Demon Souls - 9.4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 9.3
God of War 3 - 9.3
Infamous - 9.2
Resistance: Fall of Man - 9.1
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 9.1
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - 9.0
Valkyria Chronicles - 9.0
Wipeout HD - 9.0
Cuboid - 9.0
Fat Princess - 9.0
Flower - 9.0
Folklore - 9.0
The Last Guy - 9.0
Shatter - 9.0
Latest Buzz - 9.0
Heavy Rain - 9.0

Total: 23

That list actually discredits IGN review system.

OT- Every one is biased against the PS3, even the guys building them, Kaz was against it everyone....

i completely agree that IGN is bias against the PS3. gates and his merry men probably give IGN some microsoft money in order to respond to claims from video game outlets that some games are inferior on the 360...like final fantasy xiii in this case.

also, i believe giving ps3 exclusives low scores is another means microsoft pays IGN for, case in point white knight chronicles getting such a low score [what was it a 4.1, i dont remember and i have vowed to never grace the pages of IGN ever again, thus im not gonna even check] is not deserving for level 5 studios, the game at least deserves an 8.0, 7.7 at the least. the user reviews for the game are nearly double the score than what the IGN staff gave the game, and obviously IGN is trying to stem people from buying such a quality online PS3 adventure, a blow that can cause 360 owners to realize that the xbox live service may not be as great as microsoft and IGN make it out to be.

im nearly pointing out that i believe microsoft is doing something in order to persuade IGN to downplay the playstation 3 and their titles, whether it be from microsoft money or from whatever other way. im not screaming bias, im yelling that microsoft is using their money in order to send bad politics to the playstation that are not warranted and do not fall in line with the free market. All of this due to the fact that industry experts have been honestly and correctly analyzing the inferiority aspect of the technology that the microsoft 360 is equipped with.

supraman28 said:

i completely agree that IGN is bias against the PS3. gates and his merry men probably give IGN some microsoft money in order to respond to claims from video game outlets that some games are inferior on the 360...like final fantasy xiii in this case.

also, i believe giving ps3 exclusives low scores is another means microsoft pays IGN for, case in point white knight chronicles getting such a low score [what was it a 4.1, i dont remember and i have vowed to never grace the pages of IGN ever again, thus im not gonna even check] is not deserving for level 5 studios, the game at least deserves an 8.0, 7.7 at the least. the user reviews for the game are nearly double the score than what the IGN staff gave the game, and obviously IGN is trying to stem people from buying such a quality online PS3 adventure, a blow that can cause 360 owners to realize that the xbox live service may not be as great as microsoft and IGN make it out to be.

im nearly pointing out that i believe microsoft is doing something in order to persuade IGN to downplay the playstation 3 and their titles, whether it be from microsoft money or from whatever other way. im not screaming bias, im yelling that microsoft is using their money in order to send bad politics to the playstation that are not warranted and do not fall in line with the free market. All of this due to the fact that industry experts have been honestly and correctly analyzing the inferiority aspect of the technology that the microsoft 360 is equipped with.

Let us all raise our hands in prayer......

O holy father of the banhammer, I pray to you that your hammer strikes swiftly and justly as these are some of your many qualities....Amen

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
supraman28 said:

jesus kung fu magic said:

O holy father of the banhammer, I pray to you that your hammer strikes swiftly and justly as these are some of your many qualities

banning me is not the answer to your problems.  taking someone's opinion into thoughtful consideration rather than claiming the necessity for a ban due to that opinion is the answer.  

i can sit here and ask for a ban of you for bringing religion into this forum!

supraman28 said:

banning me is not the answer to your problems.  taking someone's opinion into thoughtful consideration rather than claiming the necessity for a ban due to that opinion is the answer.  

Your post was full of , quite frankly , retarted assumtions and were far from warrenting "thoughtful consideration"......I could say "Sony is in dealing with the devil" or "Miyamoto eats little orpaned children" and they would have just as much A place on these forums as your post did.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Kasz216 said:

My friend has online videos about videogames. Help her out. http://makingyoustupid.com/2010/02/my-romance-of-the-3-kingdoms-8-v-day-special/

http://www.maddygismi.blogspot.com/

not sure if it was just my connection, but the video lagged while playing.
the video should have come with a warning, for the cussing...and boredom.
not sure if i lost audio or not, but after she says something like im freezing out here, i had no sound.

the deep voice mumbling sounded like a too pissed to think kratos, think i even heard a kratos in the mumbling.

not sure if it was just my connection, but the video lagged while playing.

the video should have come with a warning, for the cussing...and boredom.

not sure if i lost audio or not, but after she says something like im freezing out here, i had no sound.

supraman28 said:

O holy father of the banhammer, I pray to you that your hammer strikes swiftly and justly as these are some of your many qualities....Amen

supraman28 said:

Your post was full of , quite frankly , retarted assumtions and were far from warrenting "thoughtful consideration"......I could say "Sony is in dealing with the devil" or "Miyamoto eats little orpaned children" and they would have just as much A place on these forums as your post did.

i am merely stating my opinions for thinking that IGN is biased against the PS3 with evidence that i believe is true.  nowhere in my posting am i stating that sony is in dealing with the devil nor claiming that miyamoto eats humans, which has the possibility of being true.  i am an economist and it is not an assumption, rather than a theory of mine, in which i have named the "Microsoft Dumbing Down the Industry" Theory, be sure to look for a video posting of such a theory in the near future, and that may shed some light onto what you think is "retarted."

and i can say that you are retarded for spelling retarded wrong, but i wont.

Lurker said:

Incorrect.

360 AAA EXCLUSIVES VS. PS3 AAA EXCLUSIVES FROM IGN.COM:

Halo 3 - 9.5
Gears of War 2 - 9.5
Forza 3 - 9.4
Splosion Man - 9.0
Dead or Alive 4 - 9.0
Halo 3 ODST - 9.0

Total: 6

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 10
LittleBigPlanet - 9.5
Resistance 2 - 9.5
Uncharted 2 - 9.5
Killzone 2 - 9.4
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction - 9.4
Demon Souls - 9.4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 9.3
God of War 3 - 9.3
Infamous - 9.2
Resistance: Fall of Man - 9.1
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 9.1
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - 9.0
Valkyria Chronicles - 9.0
Wipeout HD - 9.0
Cuboid - 9.0
Fat Princess - 9.0
Flower - 9.0
Folklore - 9.0
The Last Guy - 9.0
Shatter - 9.0
Latest Buzz - 9.0
Heavy Rain - 9.0

Total: 23

That would be because there are far more pure exclusives on PS3 than 360, and thus far more quality ones. Most games on 360 which are not to be found on PS3 are on PC, and you're not counting those, clearly.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective