By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN bias against PS3

EdStation3 said:

So upon reading on IGN's website that Final Fantasy XIII got a 8.9 on the PS3 I checked the 360 version 8.9...  I thought for a second, the 360 was inferior...I read it many times on different sites across the internet and even youtube videos.  So why was there no seperate review for the definitive version on the PS3 and the inferior version on the 360? 

IGN gladly did two seperate reviews for Bayonetta and Orange Box...and the list goes on.  When lazy/inexperienced 3rd party programmers do a piss poor job on the PS3 IGN has a PS3-version hate frenzy...  Hell it even goes back to PS2-Xbox days.  It's been awhile but I remember the title of their seperate GTA:San Andreas review for the Xbox was "Finally San Andreas doesn't look awful".  Of course, they'll glad bash PS2-PS3 version and do serperate reviews if they notice the least bit of glitching, popups.  Of course, when the PS3 is the definitive version and the 360 mass compression techniques to fit it on a disc(even multiple discs) cause a loss of detail they only do one review.  Why?  They don't want the 360 to take any heat.  They hide the fact that the PS3 version is better by only doing one review.

Anyone agree/disagree?

You thought it was inferior. Because of your pro PS3 bias.

I own neither console, so I'm relatively unbiased in this matter. Infact, I'm more interested in PS3 games than 360 games, and my OS of choice is Mac osX, then Xubuntu, then Ubuntu, then a long time later comes a windows OS. So I am not biased in favour of MS at all.

Ignoring everything else about the games, because most is identical, the only differences are framerate and resolution/effects (ie how good screenshots look)

In terms of how screenshots look, the 360 looks incredible, the PS3 looks ever so slightly more incredible

In terms of framerate, the 360 is bad (dropping down to 26 fps at busy times) the PS3's is appaling (20 fps at the busiest times)

So as you can see, it is now a matter of personal opinion, whether it is more important that the game look good when paused, or look and play good when in motion. That said, I dont think any game that hits 26 fps should be able to get an 8.9.

Around the Network
Lurker said:
cmeese47 said:
Lurker said:

Incorrect.

360 AAA EXCLUSIVES VS. PS3 AAA EXCLUSIVES FROM IGN.COM:

Halo 3 - 9.5
Gears of War 2 - 9.5
Forza 3 - 9.4
Splosion Man - 9.0
Dead or Alive 4 - 9.0
Halo 3 ODST - 9.0

Total: 6

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 10
LittleBigPlanet - 9.5
Resistance 2 - 9.5
Uncharted 2 - 9.5
Killzone 2 - 9.4
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction - 9.4
Demon Souls - 9.4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 9.3
God of War 3 - 9.3
Infamous - 9.2
Resistance: Fall of Man - 9.1
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 9.1
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - 9.0
Valkyria Chronicles - 9.0
Wipeout HD - 9.0
Cuboid - 9.0
Fat Princess - 9.0
Flower - 9.0
Folklore - 9.0
The Last Guy - 9.0Left for
Shatter - 9.0
Latest Buzz - 9.0
Havy Rain - 9.0

Total: 23

I think your a bit confused considering Mass Effect 2 9.6, Mass Effect 9.4, Gears of War 9.4, Shadow Complex 9.4, Portal Still Alive 9.2, GTAIV Ballad of Gay Tony 9.2, GTAIV Episodes in Liberty City 9.2, Call of Duty 2 9.0, Prey 9.0, Left For Dead 9.0, and Left for Dead 2 9.0 are all left off of your list.  That is 11 not on your list and no games appearing on PC do not count because they are still considered Microsoft console exlcusives.

Sorry, PC is a gaming system. Those are multiplatform games.

i dont understand why PC360 9s not consider exclusive 

it is to me and i think it should 

i only own mac computers at home and cant play most of those pc games 

plus not everyone like to play on pc (just like me) i rather use my PS3 or 360 for gaming 

and yes u might say they r miltiplatform but you CANT play those games on a PS3 or Wii 

so no there not (multi)

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

otoniel - by that logic any PS360Wii games are Wii exclusive

because I dont own a PS3 or a 360

Lurker said:
cmeese47 said:
Lurker said:

Incorrect.

360 AAA EXCLUSIVES VS. PS3 AAA EXCLUSIVES FROM IGN.COM:

Halo 3 - 9.5
Gears of War 2 - 9.5
Forza 3 - 9.4
Splosion Man - 9.0
Dead or Alive 4 - 9.0
Halo 3 ODST - 9.0

Total: 6

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 10
LittleBigPlanet - 9.5
Resistance 2 - 9.5
Uncharted 2 - 9.5
Killzone 2 - 9.4
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction - 9.4
Demon Souls - 9.4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 9.3
God of War 3 - 9.3
Infamous - 9.2
Resistance: Fall of Man - 9.1
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 9.1
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - 9.0
Valkyria Chronicles - 9.0
Wipeout HD - 9.0
Cuboid - 9.0
Fat Princess - 9.0
Flower - 9.0
Folklore - 9.0
The Last Guy - 9.0Left for
Shatter - 9.0
Latest Buzz - 9.0
Havy Rain - 9.0

Total: 23

I think your a bit confused considering Mass Effect 2 9.6, Mass Effect 9.4, Gears of War 9.4, Shadow Complex 9.4, Portal Still Alive 9.2, GTAIV Ballad of Gay Tony 9.2, GTAIV Episodes in Liberty City 9.2, Call of Duty 2 9.0, Prey 9.0, Left For Dead 9.0, and Left for Dead 2 9.0 are all left off of your list.  That is 11 not on your list and no games appearing on PC do not count because they are still considered Microsoft console exlcusives.

Sorry, PC is a gaming system. Those are multiplatform games.

oh god *rolls eyes*

At least Mircosoft is smart enough to take adventage of the fact they have 2 ways to deliver their product.

PS3 fans are thw whiniest gamers I have ever saw, so a +1 in the rate would make you you feel better
I dont get it it with you people.....What happened to just playing the damn games!!!

Around the Network
scottie said:
otoniel - by that logic any PS360Wii games are Wii exclusive

because I dont own a PS3 or a 360

i understand 

but those are WINDOWS GAMES (microsoft)

so if u want to play Mass Effect 1 or 2 YOU HAVE TO HAVE PC or 360 only 

to me that sounds like an exclusive game 

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Lyrikalstylez said:
PS3 fans are thw whiniest gamers I have ever saw, so a +1 in the rate would make you you feel better
I dont get it it with you people.....What happened to just playing the damn games!!!

I like the fact you associate a small group of people on this site that posts on the forums with the majority of PS3 owners. FAIL

1) Is a game on the PSP and PS3 only considered exclusive?

2) ioi specifically created a thread stating that refering to a PC360 game as 360 exclusive is against the site rules, it can instead be called a 'console exclusive'

I think im going to make a thread titled "why cant there be a site bias against the 360?".......it will be my most successful thread ever

On a serious note though this has to stop. No matter how just you think your cause is , it is pathetic no matter how you try to spin it. Do you see me or any other 360 fan on this site going "such and such site is bias because our version of a multiplat is better than it is on the ps3 and as such should be scored accordingly"? The difference between FF13 on the ps3 and 360 is no different than the gap between multiplat games that favor the 360 and yet no soul has tried pushed the case your trying to.

We also have some guy posting how edge needs to stop reviewing because it is inconcievable that bayonetta gets a better score than GOW......again this is pathetic and it needs to stop.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

yawn