By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Grinder is now a top down shooter

This just has to be a Wii FPS and HD download title.

That would make sense as an attempt by High Voltage to start a franchise. Anything else wouldn't make any sense at all.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

wow, i hope the wii version is still FPS but probably not, wow HVS dissapointed me a lot with this.

Games4Fun said:
Arius Dion said:
Wait a second. Top down shooter? Like what? Forgive my casual gaming self, but wtf is a top down shooter?

Like smash tv or guantlet

Thanks. and LOL! Good luck with that one HVS.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

The game looked really great as a FPS,not that a top down shooter won´t be fun, but all the hype and appeal they expected to create for the game went down the toilet.

i guess we´ll have to wait and see some gameplay videos...and also, what happened to animales de la muerte?

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

That completely does not jibe at all with the big trailer they released a few months back.

It's like their creative lead is rolling dice to decide what direction to take the game, or something.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

hopefully the Wii version will stay a fps....if it goes top down i prob wont get it

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

If it's a top down shooter, I'm assuming it's to be an XBL Arcade game. If not, it won't sell anything significant priced at $60. If it's a retail game priced under $60, it just became a budget game, which often, but not always indicates possible shovelware.

Or it could just be an acknowledgment that HVS games like The Grinder can't compete in the Red Ocean of FPS games available on the Xbox and would be exposed as just another "me too" mediocre effort on the platform.

If HVS keeps the game as an FPS for the Wii to give the perception that The Grinder is a "premium" experience on the Wii, I fail to see how this is any sort of selling angle.

What the fuck is going on with this game? I am about ready to give up on it completely. They really should have never announced this thing in the first place.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Lame. That was stupid. The playstation barely has any zombie games in first person.. If any.. However, it does have a horde of top down shooters with zombies.

Check out my game about moles ^

o dear and this is out oct 2011, i aint waitin around for this. just hope the wii version is fps or my money is safe