By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Microsoft sells more than 90 million copies of Windows 7

Windows 7 outsold every console + handheld combined?

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
so is this good or bad? it's hard to digest these numbers without a benchmark.

anecdotal: my company is moving to windows 7 this june-ish. we completely skipped vista for whatever reason but our IT seems happy enough with 7.

By October of 2009 vista sold about 400 million and it was the second most widely used Windows behind XP. It had about 20% of the market share, while XP had about 63% of the market share.

I just got a new lapto with 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium and it's way better than I expected. Especially since I can run so many things at once without my computer slowing down or freezing up.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Gilgamesh said:
kitler53 said:
so is this good or bad? it's hard to digest these numbers without a benchmark.

anecdotal: my company is moving to windows 7 this june-ish. we completely skipped vista for whatever reason but our IT seems happy enough with 7.

By October of 2009 vista sold about 400 million and it was the second most widely used Windows behind XP. It had about 20% of the market share, while XP had about 63% of the market share.

So that means that XP had sold over 1.2 billion? And thats not even counting pirated versions? :-O

Now thats oemthing. But it seems that 7 is on track to become the real successor for XP Congrats MS

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I still need to get mine from AA. it was easier when you just had to go to the library, sign a paper and get the key :P

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

I got 64 bit Windows 7 Professional for $30. I'd been having a lot of problems with Vista, and this was just too good to pass. I haven't had any problems with Windows 7 other than not being able to play Age of Mythology (which I already knew about).

Is that sells as in the user said, 'yes after very careful deliberation at the choices I have been given I'll have that PC/Laptop with windows 7 please'

OR

The sales assistant saying, 'all our PCs and Laptops in store come with windows 7 so you can either take it, or fuck off' :0P

good job ms, they put a foot right with 7 and are reaping the rewards

no idea how to make this properly work

Carl2291 said:
Now THAT is an impressive number.

What were the sales of XP and/or Vista after not even a year?

It would be nice to see it as a %, because when XP came out there were far far less PCs all around to be had, nowadays you cant spit without ruining 5 of them.

woooooooo mine was free =D for both pcs