By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Microsoft sells more than 90 million copies of Windows 7

Got a free upgrade when I bought vista for my new comp last year

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

congratz to them. We just got a new windows 7 PC...it rocks!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

well thats alot of 7's

TRios_Zen said:
superchunk said:
mirgro said:
superchunk said:
I bought 7 64bit pro for only $67. Thank you MS for your school discounts.

I've gotten 4 copies of win7 pro, 32 or 64 bit for free from school. THeir MSDNAA agreements are absolutely amazing.

Nice. Yeah since I'm seeking an MBA vs a computer related degree I had to pay. Otherwise it would have been free. But, $67 is still quite a bargin.

That depends on the school.  The University of Texas school systems have thier MS software at reduced prices for all degrees.  I got all the Office programs for under $50, when I went there for my MBA.

On topic - I've been running Win 7 at home since the first beta, and love it.

Same with a lot of schools. I got all the office programs togather for about 55 bucks and I am going fo human services

Even though I'm stuck with the 64-bit version when my current hardware can't really make use of it, $30 for the pre-order student deal was well worth it.

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
TRios_Zen said:
superchunk said:
mirgro said:
superchunk said:
I bought 7 64bit pro for only $67. Thank you MS for your school discounts.

I've gotten 4 copies of win7 pro, 32 or 64 bit for free from school. THeir MSDNAA agreements are absolutely amazing.

Nice. Yeah since I'm seeking an MBA vs a computer related degree I had to pay. Otherwise it would have been free. But, $67 is still quite a bargin.

That depends on the school.  The University of Texas school systems have thier MS software at reduced prices for all degrees.  I got all the Office programs for under $50, when I went there for my MBA.

On topic - I've been running Win 7 at home since the first beta, and love it.

Same with a lot of schools. I got all the office programs togather for about 55 bucks and I am going fo human services

yeah I *could* buy office ultimate for really cheap too, but I already have that. *walks way whistling*

EDIT: Actually office 2010 is coming out, I might buy that one.

Awesome.... but Im still using Vista. sad for me or what.

still testing 7 in our enviro.
so far so good, a few niggles with our enterprise anti-virus and a few custom apps. but nothing else too major yet...
looking to roll out to all desktop PC's later this year.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Gilgamesh said:
kitler53 said:
so is this good or bad? it's hard to digest these numbers without a benchmark.

anecdotal: my company is moving to windows 7 this june-ish. we completely skipped vista for whatever reason but our IT seems happy enough with 7.

By October of 2009 vista sold about 400 million and it was the second most widely used Windows behind XP. It had about 20% of the market share, while XP had about 63% of the market share.

Interestingly enough, according to W3Schools, Win7 (13.0%) is rapidly gaining on Vista (14.3%) in web use. Since almost all Vista/7 computers are online, that is a pretty good benchmark of how they're doing in the market.

I installed Win7 64 last week. I'm loving it. It's the best OS MS has released, period, especially in the first year. XP was crap until SP1 and then it was mostly crap until SP2. Every other OS has had massive problems upon launch.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/