By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 3 has received a 10/10 in reviews by 15 critics

Metacritic should only count the 100% reviews. God of War 3 deserves all its 100% reviews.

Around the Network
therecanonlybeone said:

The game is a strong contender for game of the year. Best game of the year so far.

You should have written:

Best game of the year so far*

*ignoring all games released so far with higher reviews

why are we bumping the thread of a "0" post user ... ?

Time to Work !

Nice, I predicted a 9.3 av. review for GoW III

God of War 3 deserves GOTY for 2010.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
I think god of war 3 is too short and shallow of an experience to win GOTY.

Since its all over within 10 hours with no sandbox to play in and no multiplayer...

But then again, Mario Gallaxy proves me otherwise.

I'm going to say this one more time: Bioshock was over in less than 10 hours, had no multipayer, and one GOTY in 2007. Having no multiplayer and 10 hours of game play =/= it isn't a contender for GOTY.

OT: It'll probably continue to get full 10's and high 9s. It seems the game has raised the bar for hack & slash action games and will defintely be considered for GOTY.

I guess you could be right but I thought Mario Galaxy took that year. If it was bioshock the im really scratching my head about how that happened...considering Bioshock was quite quickly forgotten while Halo 3 and COD MW dominated the playlists for years after.

Games that came out that year that had a bigger impact - Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, Halo 3, MW, Uncharted (if only a prequel to the greatness that was to come with part 2)

I'd be surprised if GoW3 didn't win a few GotY awards, but I think that the game to win the most this year has probably yet to release. I can't help but think that ME2 will be too early in the year to win most GotY awards. Maybe SMG2 is out late enough to win most assuming it's of comparable quality to the first. And of course there's still Zelda Wii if that comes out in time to be considered.

Only Zelda Wii, or Mario Galaxy 2, would deserve to take the GOTY crown from Kratos this year

CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
I think god of war 3 is too short and shallow of an experience to win GOTY.

Since its all over within 10 hours with no sandbox to play in and no multiplayer...

But then again, Mario Gallaxy proves me otherwise.

I'm going to say this one more time: Bioshock was over in less than 10 hours, had no multipayer, and one GOTY in 2007. Having no multiplayer and 10 hours of game play =/= it isn't a contender for GOTY.

OT: It'll probably continue to get full 10's and high 9s. It seems the game has raised the bar for hack & slash action games and will defintely be considered for GOTY.

I guess you could be right but I thought Mario Galaxy took that year. If it was bioshock the im really scratching my head about how that happened...considering Bioshock was quite quickly forgotten while Halo 3 and COD MW dominated the playlists for years after.

Games that came out that year that had a bigger impact - Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, Halo 3, MW, Uncharted (if only a prequel to the greatness that was to come with part 2)

Bigger impact or not, Bioshock still stole the show.

As did GTA4 but we all know how we feel about it now.

People are eager to hype games, create news headlines and give these awards and then time tells us which are justified.

No game should get a 10/10 unless it is innovative. I learned this lesson after playing MGS4 and GTAIV.