By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 3 has received a 10/10 in reviews by 15 critics

Maynard_Tool said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Only Zelda Wii, or Mario Galaxy 2, would deserve to take the GOTY crown from Kratos this year

GOW 3 wont defeat Master Chief. LOL

You will see  my friend, you will see

lol

Around the Network
libellule said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
No game should get a 10/10 unless it is innovative. I learned this lesson after playing MGS4 and GTAIV.

only 2 games ? I thought the list would be longer.

LOL...really? How many games got 10/10 this gen besides those two?

Cheebee said:
Torillian said:
Cheebee said:
Hmm, it's like GTA4 all over again.

yeah, or like SMG.

Yeah, except with Galaxy more people agreed, and it wasn't hyped up to be the second coming of Christ.

True, but It was hyped as the 476th coming of Mario... so same thing really

patapon said:
Cheebee said:
Torillian said:
Cheebee said:

yeah, or like SMG.

Yeah, except with Galaxy more people agreed, and it wasn't hyped up to be the second coming of Christ.

True, but It was hyped as the 476th coming of Mario... so same thing really

Yeah it was, hehe. Still, you can't honestly compare the hype that surrounded GTA4 to that of SMG.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Torillian said:
Cheebee said:

yeah, or like SMG.

oh sorry, I thought we were talking about games that got lots of tens, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you weren't making a dig against GoW3 without ever playing it.  Hell, very few people have played it, so I wonder where you get the idea that people don't agree with the meta of 94

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
No game should get a 10/10 unless it is innovative. I learned this lesson after playing MGS4 and GTAIV.

so you agree mass effect 2 deserves absolutely no 10/10s?

Sorcery said:
I would be surprised of GoWIII won GOTY simply because it's a short game, and most sites give GOTY awards to longer games. The only way a short game ever seems to win GOTY is if there's online multiplayer. It's also a Q1 release, which makes it even more difficult for it to win GOTY.

but wait?. isnt uncharted 2 a short game??. i think is short game. right?

Torillian said:
Cheebee said:
Torillian said:
Cheebee said:

yeah, or like SMG.

oh sorry, I thought we were talking about games that got lots of tens, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you weren't making a dig against GoW3 without ever playing it.  Hell, very few people have played it, so I wonder where you get the idea that people don't agree with the meta of 94

Hm, well I was referring to the fact that GTA4 received such insane hype and tons of 10's, (much like GOW now) then later on after the game had been out a while, people cooled down a bit and we got all these questions about how maybe it wasn't really a 10/10 game after all, and threads and articles, including here on VGC, about how review systems were possibly broken and people get carried away by hype and such. Apparently in hindsight, the game, while still being very good, wasn't as the godly epic game of the forever so many claimed it was before release.

Of course, for GOW we'll have to wait and see, I'm not going to make any comments on that game's quality because obviously it's not even out yet. I used to play GOW 1 and 2 on my roommate's PS2, and they were awesome. I fully expect part 3 to be equally well done. But to me, the situation is looking similar, with excited fans all over the internet wetting themselves in anticipation and screaming off virtual rooftops it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread. Not that there's anything wrong with being excited for a game, it's just that some people take it a bit too far, imo. And some of those people are 'professional' reviewers.

Still, I have to question the validity of certain reviews when any game is awarded a 10/10, especially seeing the seeming casualness with which these scores are handed out these days. 10/10 Means a game is the absolute pinnacle of greatness, couldn't possibly be improved and achieves ultimate perfection on every single front. I think certain people, and 'professionals' especially, should perhaps keep that in mind when playing (and reviewing) a game, and ask themselves if the game is really worth that.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

BW_JP said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Mass Effect is innovative. It's connecting the outcome of your alterations to the story on saves from game to game. In this game is somewhat apparent that it worked, so the innovation was pulled off.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BW_JP said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Mass Effect is innovative. It's connecting the outcome of your alterations to the story on saves from game to game. In this game is somewhat apparent that it worked, so the innovation was pulled off.

Many games have done that before, its not innovative at all. It's exceptional quality that got mass effect 2 the 10s, just like god of war 3.