By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 3 has received a 10/10 in reviews by 15 critics

EPIC! Should be a shoe-in for a phenomenal game.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

Congrats to GOW3

93 meta is a great score.

libellule said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
I think god of war 3 is too short and shallow of an experience to win GOTY.

Since its all over within 10 hours with no sandbox to play in and no multiplayer...

But then again, Mario Gallaxy proves me otherwise.

I'm going to say this one more time: Bioshock was over in less than 10 hours, had no multipayer, and one GOTY in 2007. Having no multiplayer and 10 hours of game play =/= it isn't a contender for GOTY.

OT: It'll probably continue to get full 10's and high 9s. It seems the game has raised the bar for hack & slash action games and will defintely be considered for GOTY.

I guess you could be right but I thought Mario Galaxy took that year. If it was bioshock the im really scratching my head about how that happened...considering Bioshock was quite quickly forgotten while Halo 3 and COD MW dominated the playlists for years after.

Games that came out that year that had a bigger impact - Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, Halo 3, MW, Uncharted (if only a prequel to the greatness that was to come with part 2)

Bigger impact or not, Bioshock still stole the show.

As did GTA4 but we all know how we feel about it now.

People are eager to hype games, create news headlines and give these awards and then time tells us which are justified.

A bit like Bayonetta ...

People may think Bayonetta is all hype but I enjoyed it imensly and played it 2X in a row sinking in over 22 hours in to the game.

But yeah, I see what you mean, some may do this with god of war 3 as well.

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
Congrats to GOW3

93 94 meta is a great score.

Adjusted for accuracy.

Oops. typo. after al 3 and 4 are right next to each other. :)

So importing save games and character driven stories isn't innovation? Someone show me how many other games are doing that.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

cant believe peole are still pushing a thread that was made by a "0" post guy !

Time to Work !

CGI-Quality said:
libellule said:

Why does that matter? The thread is relevant to a game launching next week, and for the most part hasn't been too bad.

But I think the point is, noone made a thread about the 31 10/10 reviews Mass Effect 2 got.

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
libellule said:

Why does that matter? The thread is relevant to a game launching next week, and for the most part hasn't been too bad.

But I think the point is, noone made a thread about the 31 10/10 reviews Mass Effect 2 got.

And? If someone wanted to make one, they had the liberty to do so. If you are against this thread, stay out of it and/or don't post in it. If you want a thread for a specific game's reviews, make one. Simple.

The point is as follows.

FF13 meta thread got closed. Because there is an official Review thread. Dont tell me this couldnt have gone in the official GOW3 thread?

Or are we entertaining double standards?

Apart from the news being generic in the OP ( it's not that big a deal to have 15 10/10's ) it's review related and as such should be in the official thread.

IF anyone disagrees with this, then I know of 2 recent threads which

A) should not have been closed.

B) got stick for being made.

If we are to have a standard on VGC then lets uphold it for everyone, not select few or select games.

Well Deserved. God of War is such a great series and the third one just capped off one of the highest rated game series of all time, especially for a trilogy.

It's just that simple.

selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
libellule said:

it is not even ME2 ... it is in general

if the thread would have been made by a god of war fans, I would have understand

but here, it is a random guy that never posted and will never post again, it is weird to me.

also, we have the official review thread ...

Time to Work !